Search results

1. ExtendedPath

Gravity fed water system help

We have a 400 acre farm on the side of a hill / mountain and the valley. At the shop we have our PV panels, inverters, back up dc genset, and battery bank. We more or less have 50 amps split phase service and can use around 11 KWH of power a day witch should keep our batteries at a safe level...
  2. ExtendedPath

Our main floor is mostly open, kitchen, living, and dinning is 20' by 25'. 3 bed rooms and study upstairs and full basement. The cistern is being filled by solar pump (no batteries) in a spring on the other side of the hill. At the cistern I have 2 deep cell batteries with a dc ozone pump to...
  3. ExtendedPath

I think there are a lot of code stupidity but it keeps builders being to cheap. I don't think I will get an inspector with half a brain, every inspection so far I have had at least 2 inspectors show up. I have also had a few “check ups” between inspections. You would not have a reference to...
  4. ExtendedPath

I fell under code for sprinklers. I passed the flow and presser test for my shop; they did a 2 sprinkler test. My house falls under a different code and I think they are going to do a 4 sprinkler test that I will need a booster pump to pass. My plan for passing the house sprinkler test. T...
  5. ExtendedPath

Tank you. I'll be ordering a bunch of heads with the fuse able link for the shop and will see if they will install them in my house. I don't know who said it but I'm sure there will be a lot more insurance issues when a bunch of houses get built with sprinkler systems. I know of a lot of...
  6. ExtendedPath

I'm learning a lot and thank you. The precharge in my tank was over inflated. I do have it down to 30 psi now, have one check valve at the tank (plan on digging up the hill and putting in one more at some point) and have a presser release valve set at 65 psi. I have found a few web sites that...
  7. ExtendedPath

I'm going to put one right before the presser tank and one about half way up the pipe to the cistern. I will need 2 for the shop water line and 2 for the house water line when I start the plumbing in a few days.
  8. ExtendedPath

Lligetfa... Your right my water and air gauges were off by 5 psi. ballvalve... No I don't wash my elephant with a fire hose. Yes my sprinklers have the little red glass tubes in them. Yep the lines to the shop and house are down only. The cistern is spring fed with a PV pump on a different...
  9. ExtendedPath

That sounds good. I'll set it up like that tomorrow.
  10. ExtendedPath

No I have not calibrated my gauges or know how to. I used one gauge to get the pis of the water, opened up the tank drain, turned the water on at the sink then set the tank psi. Thinking about this makes me think. I don't have hammer stops installed in the house or any other plumbing. I'm...
  11. ExtendedPath

I have a 5,500 gallon cistern that gravity feeds my house and shop / garage; they are fed with there own 2†polyethylene pipe. The water level of the cistern should only fluctuate 2 to 3 feet. The water in the cistern feeds the fire sprinklers and potable water. The house is still under...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks