Search results

1. oreo

30kgrain softener with Clack WS1 valve losing media out the drain

I was wondering about that. Pretty much all the 30k grain softeners I've seen, come with a 9x47tank. I'm thinking of upgrading the tank to a 10" one, rather than change the dlfc. I found another Clack document, that recommends the white injector, and 2.7dlfc for the 10" tank. I have over...
  2. oreo

I presume the water pressure is ok, as it is a municipal system. No air spitting from the fixtures. Considering this tank is only 1.37cf, and there is supposed to be 1cf of media, I would expect it to be quite full, however the manual does not say anything about how full the tank should be...
  3. oreo

So recently, my 2yr old water softener, has been running out of soft water regularly. Checking things over, I found that there were some softener beads where the softener drain line exits. I then pulled the softener apart, and found the tank was about 1/2 full of beads. The tank is a...
  4. oreo

Air lock, or why can you not use logic to explain to your wife?

I agree with HJ. An air bubble, cannot stop water flow, regardless of use of T's or whatever. I'm thinking your mixing valve (that connects the hot water to the cold water supply), is the problem. It sounds like it's opening if you turn on the cold water first.
  5. oreo

How not to repair your water heater

Haha.. I must admit, I did repair a tank with JB weld some years ago. After about 3 weeks, the tank started leaking again, so I figured the JB weld had let loose. In fact, the tank had popped another hole. And this was on a rental :)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks