Search results

1. RogerPDX

Jet Pump Problem -

I'm at a friends house in Mexico for a while. They have a pressure tank with an AquaPak Pet PET13 / 1127 Jet Pump 1.3 hp bolted to the top of the pressure tank. There is an Evans AB-TMSP Compact Pressure Switch attached to the jet pump. The jet pump sucks water up from a 60' hole in the ground...
  2. RogerPDX

Do charcoal filters remove chlorine or just the "smell" of the chlorine?

I would like to put a whole house charcoal filter on my house, to save the brass to PEX connectors from eventual ruin from chlorine that is in the water. Do you know if these filters actually remove the chlorine, or do they just remove the smell of the chlorine from the water?
  3. RogerPDX

Grounding Rod Requirements - Washington State?

I have a new ground wire from my panel to the outside that needs a grounding rod. I went to Home Depot to buy one and noticed that they come in a variety of diameters and lengths. What diameter & length should I use (legally) for a 200 amp service? I saw: 1/2" 5/8" 3/4" 8' length 10' length...
  4. RogerPDX

Wirsbo ProPex Expander Tool & Pex-A - Question

I am about to use a Milwaukee ProPex expansion tool on some 1/2" # 3/4" Pex-A. For the 1/2", Wirsbo says to click the gun 3 times, until it is bottomed out on the tool. A Plumber I know told me 6 - 8 clicks is what he does, although Wirsbo says more than 3 clicks could stretch the pipe and it...
  5. RogerPDX

What are the signs that a Check Valve Has/Is Failing in a Well?

Can someone please tell me the symptoms when one of the two check valves, in a well water line (from the bottom of the well up to the top) goes out or is beginning to go out? If either the top or bottom valve breaks, does it cause the water coming up & out to have a difficult time, maybe to the...
  6. RogerPDX

I am Moving my Meter Base and Need Some Advice

I live in Washington State and need a little advice on moving my meter base, wire sizing, etc - for a 200 amp service. My meter base is on my house and I want to move it over to the carport, mast and all. It's about 36' from my breaker panel, through the wall, and over to the new location...
  7. RogerPDX

Who Rents ProPex Expander Tools in the Seattle - Bellingham Area?

I am going to be replumbing my beach cabin this summer with Uponor/Wirsbo Pex-A. Does anyone know a place between Seattle & Bellingham that rents the Milwaukee ProPex Expander Tool?
  8. RogerPDX

What is the Best PEX System Out There (to put in an attic)?

I am re-plumbing my beach cabin. The present plumbing is an RTI (brass fitting) system up in the attic. Everything is insulated in rubber, with 4" of rock wool under the horizontal pipes and 18" of fiberglass on top of them. I learned that RTI had a class action lawsuit because their brass...
  9. RogerPDX

Is it OK to Vent a Toilet, Shower & Bath Sink into the Attic - at the Roof Ridge Vent?

I am replacing my comp roof with a metal roof and would like to eliminate all holes in my new roof, if possible. Is it legal (or does it at least work just fine) to cut my 3 vent pipes that are in my attic and attach angles and pipe angeling all 3 vents up to the underside of my roof ridge cap...
  10. RogerPDX

Pump Saver Plus - Questions

Mid July 2015 my pump guy installed a new 3/4hp Schaefer submersible pump down my well and a Franklin control box with a Pump Saver Plus (model 231/111-insider-p). The pump saver is manufactured by SymCom. Lately the switch is not working properly, and it is not filling my cistern properly...
  11. RogerPDX

New Air Tank vs Goulds Aqua Boost II System?

I've got a pump bolted to the top of a pressure tank, that sucks water out of my cistern and pumps it into a bladder pressure tank. I put that system together in 1978. It still works, but since I am building a new pump room I'm thinking about a new pressure tank vs a booster system. I have...
  12. RogerPDX

How Do You build the floor in a Curbless Shower Stall?

I have a concrete floor in my bathroom. There is a cutout in the concrete for the bath tub (it was never poured under the tub). I want to remove the tub and make it a curbless walk in shower area. There is sand under the tub. I have some ideas how this might be done, but would like to hear...
  13. RogerPDX

Pipes Vibrating So Bad that it Sounds Like an Old Motel Bed Vibrator!

My dad is having a recent problem with his plumbing in his mid 70's home. Recently, the pipes have started to vibrate occasionally - not at any specific time. The first few times happened about 10:30 / 11:00pm, but since then, it is sporadic. The sound resonates through the floor and walls to...
  14. RogerPDX

What to Use to Clean CEFIONTECT?

I seem to remember that CEFIONTECT is to be cleaned with only a "soft" toilet brush and no Clorox, Lysol or powered cleaners... Do I have that correct? We have a new Drake ll and I can not seem to find a "soft" toilet brush at any of the regular stores. What do people use to clean their TOTO...
  15. RogerPDX

Help! How to get the Tank Rubber Gasket "Seated" Into the Bowl - Drake ll

Well... If I was being paid plumbers wages today, this would be a VERY good day! (except my customer would have fired me) My goodness - what a lot of work installing a simple toilet. I hope it doesn't leak when I finally hook up the water, as it is hard to tell just how well that wax...
  16. RogerPDX

My TOTO Drake II Arrived Trashed from Amazon - What a Disappointment!

Man-o-Man... Remember when American workers made a decent wage and put out good products? Remember when the Japanese were known for their tight quality controls? Today my new Drake II arrived via FedEx - 2 boxes. The boxes look like they were packed at the TOTO factory. The tank was in a...
  17. RogerPDX

How to Scientifically Locate Ground Water - Prior to Drilling?

Who knows the best method of figuring out "where" the water is, under the property? Has anybody successfully used the groundwater location services of Aqua Locate? ( aqualocate.com) It would seem that the State Ecology Services would have aquifer information that can be used to point...
  18. RogerPDX

Help Me Understand My Well Water Level - Please

I've been trying to figure out the best method of "possibly" repairing my low producing well for the last couple of months. There are some terrific guys on here who have helped me understand wells. I have not jumped at a new well or a new pump - yet, but time is closing in on me. I...
  19. RogerPDX

Best Pump? Torque Arrestors or Not? PVC vs Galvanized? I Need Some EXPERT Advice!

I posted some weeks ago, to get my feet wet with my well problem. I am pretty amazed by all the knowledgeable people who are on this forum.. I need to replace my submersible pump and pipe. I've talked with 2 local well companies - and have received varying information. Both bids are...
  20. RogerPDX

What is the Best Brand submersible Well Pump (Made in USA)?

I have to replace my down pipe in my well - it has been down there since 1978 and it seems like there is a hole (s) in the pipe. While I'm at it, I thought this would be a good time to replace the 1/2 HP / 5 gpm pump. My guess is - that most/many pumps are now made in China, or in Mexico...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks