Search results

1. fsunole01

Rusty Water in Bathroom Tub Only

I have plumber number 4 coming Thursday morning - We'll see. Load me up with things to look at while hes there please? Thanks!
  2. fsunole01

Thanks again HJ! Yeah, 3 plumbers all scratching their heads. Replaced everything they can think of that would impact it, based on location (same line from guest bath - no issues). Replaced spout, mixing cartridge and rough-in...everyone seems puzzled and not sure what to even do next, aside...
  3. fsunole01

Thanks cacher - we haven't seen the rusty water anywhere else in the house and it is something we've noticed since day one of moving in (new construction) just in the master bath tub. Moen is standing by their product and have sent me 2 replacements already, not including the original commercial...
  4. fsunole01

Thanks HJ - Our mixing cartridge is plastic...the rough-in was replaced...what else can they replace/look into?
  5. fsunole01

Yes, we replaced the spout 3 times and the rough-in. The line is pex. the cartidge is plastic, the fittings are brass.
  6. fsunole01

Thanks again! Could it be anything more serious though? It seems to be getting worse over time, not better. At first, it was just a yellowish bit of water...now it's full on brown...
  7. fsunole01

Thanks Terry - So, are you saying it's nothing to worry about? The plumbers expressions didn't seem that way...saying "that's really bad" "wish I knew what it was" The house is brand new, built in 2010...there aren't any galvanized nipples either...which is why they are all so baffled.
  8. fsunole01

Sorry for the long detail, but: We moved into new construction about 8 months ago and we've been remodeling our bathroom... At first, we rarely used the tub but did notice that for the first second or two (at most), it would run rusty (hot or cold). The builder told us that it was due to lack...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks