Search results

1. J

Irrigation Well Problem - old well, new pump, no water

It's alive! Thanks for all of the help, everything's flowing once again. The footvalve is sitting right about 24' below the top of the casing. So far it's run through four 10 minute cycles. Water has never stopped flowing, and everything coming out is nice and clear. Also, I appreciate...
  2. J

Understood about the casing, hopefully I can get a little more use out of this well before I have to bite the bullet and have a new one struck. Well, I had three 10' sections of 1 1/4" laying around, so I thought I'd use that instead of the 1" you suggested. I glued some threaded male and...
  3. J

Thanks for that advice, it's very encouraging. I've already set out to do this today. The first supply shop I stopped at insists that my casing is probably cracked or damaged, and told me I should abandon the well. When I mentioned that the garden hose came up with what looked like a thin...
  4. J

First, a gracious thanks to anyone who reads my entire post. I suspect it's going to get very long as I attempt to explain my particular circumstances in detail. To the best of my knowledge, the well was struck in the late 60's, early 70's. The system is strictly for irrigation, it runs three...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks