Search results

1. Molly

pump keeps blowing fuses

You think the pump is bad? I was thinking it was something electrical.
  2. Molly

pump keeps blowing fuses

Every time my pump (submersible) comes on, it is blowing fuses. What could be the cause of this? It is the only thing wired to the fuse box, and it has been ok for years until now.
  3. Molly

No water pressure....yes me again

Sulphur Specs? What is that? Is it fixable? We do not drink our water and only use it to shower and for laundry. It is a fact that the water in my area is not good. It tested drinkable but with "particles", so we use bottled water.
  4. Molly

We have had a breakthrough!! I was so disgusted because we have had only problems with this house. I turned on the water in the bathroom sink (the first faucet) and it seemed like it wanted to run faster but something was preventing it. So I decided (against my husband's and probably anybody...
  5. Molly

See, when we run water we have no pressure, then the pump comes on and there isn't even a boost of water pressure. The fact that the tank doesn't keep 18 lbs in it ever, could be a bad tank. What are the chances of that happening? I don't think that the black chunks are clogging the jet...
  6. Molly

If we are having problems with hot and cold pressure is it possibler the blockage is after the water tank but before the hot water heater? By airation do you mean the screens?
  7. Molly

After we drained the tank yesterday the gauge on the pump and the tire gauge read 0. WE filled the tank with 18lbs of air by hand pump. When we turned the pump back on the tank filled and pump shut off at 35lbs. Right now the tank at the valve reads 40lbs with a tire gauge. The gauge on the...
  8. Molly

Please, somebody HELP! I have installed a new pump (meyers deep well jet pump) and a new water tank (bladder type). We have absolutely no water pressure. I mean there isn't even enough to come out of the shower head. Our pump is coming on and shutting off when it should. We even drained...
  9. Molly

Brand new pump, brand new tank

The pump is a Water Ace made by Meyers. Is a deep well, 1/2 HP, jet pump. The tank is a 20 gal. diaphram type tank.
  10. Molly

We were reading 0# at both the gauge and the tank valve. When we turned the pump back on it pressured itlself back up to 37# and shut off.
  11. Molly

We drained the tank, pumped 18# into it, turned on the pump,it shut off at 30#, we drained again, it now reads 0#. We turned the pump on with 0# in the tank, and it is now up to 35# and shutting off by itself. This seems great, but later on today after washing clothes and a shower or 2 along...
  12. Molly

We just replaced our jet pump and our pressure tank. We set the tank pressure at 18psi, 2 less than pump cut in pressure of 20psi. After the pump runs the tank has 30 to 35 psi. This causes the pump to keep running. Why does the pressure build up by itself?
  13. Molly

new jet pump stays at 30 won't shut off or go up or down

Bob, I have a Meyers pump now. There is also new developements in this drama. Last night my husband turned on the kitchen sink, and a pipe burst all over the place. My pump then went up to 40 and shut off. I also have pressure in all of the faucets. We guess there was a blockage in a...
  14. Molly

I have cleaned all of the faucet tips and showerheads. We replaced the old pump with the same kind. We are supplying the right voltage and this pump has the same gpm and hp. I thank you both for your suggestion to check the foot valve inlet and the valve in it. The pressure gauge on the...
  15. Molly

I forgot to say I keep turning the pump off when I am not using water, but it still reads 30 when it is on or off. Can all of this be because of a bad water tank. I have a bladder type it has about 15lbs of pressure in it. It is filling now with the new pump, it would not fill with the old pump.
  16. Molly

concerning Gary Slusser's reply Dear Mr Slusser, We do have water, but absolutly no pressure with the cold. And it is orange, which could mean low well right? When I disected the old pump it was filthy inside and out with rust and grit. We have hard water here. We replaced the pump in...
  17. Molly

Help! We had no water for 3 days. The plumber said the pump was shot. We replaced the pump. We now have orange water, no pressure in any faucet and the pump stays at 30. It will not rise or fall, it does not shut off unless we hit the breaker. Can it be possible that my well is low? My...
  18. Molly

no pressure,no water,but pump keeps prime

I am having problems with my water. My pump keeps running and it keeps it's prime. My water tank (bladder type) will not fill and so I have no water. The gage on the pump reads 0. My well is not dry. I have 22lbs of pressure in the water tank, I only know that by using a tire pressure gage...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks