Search results

1. Cheakamus

Installing a wall-hung Toto Aquia toilet

Geberit instructions say "Sound insulation pad is optional or required." The picture shows a thin sheet of indeterminate material with the appropriate cut-outs that you mount between the toilet bowl and the wall, then trim off the excess with a knife. Sound deadening aside, it seems a good...
  2. Cheakamus

Need help with drain problem

Hi everyone, I've had problems with my basement drain backing up the past year or so. The drain feeds into an two-inch cast-iron auxiliary stack. My four-inch main stack is on the other side of the house, and the two side sewers meet somewhere out under the front lawn. Besides the basement...
  3. Cheakamus

Use plastic sheet above/below mortar when setting tub?

I am about to install a drop-in Hydrosystems whirlpool tub. Manufacturer requires a mortar seat. Floor is Sturd-i-floor ply; tub is fiberglas moulded onto OSB base. I am contemplating putting a sheet of plastic on the floor before shoveling on the mortar and then covering the loose mortar...
  4. Cheakamus

Reliability of cable-driven bath waste?

I was sold a cable-driven bath waste and overflow mechanism with my tub, but I'm hesitating to install it because the cable "gearbox" will not be accessible once it's installed. Should it go wrong, I'm not sure I could retrofit any other type of stopper. I also wonder whether it might have a...
  5. Cheakamus

electrical question for jetted tub

I am installing a Hydro Systems jetted tub with in-line heater in my upstairs bathroom remodel. The tub requires a dedicated 110v 20 amp GFCI-protected electrical circuit for the pump and an additional dedicated 110v 20 amp GFCI-protected circuit for the heater. Does it make any difference...
  6. Cheakamus

Which flange?

Hi everyone. Since I'm just about done with my tiling, I really have to make a decision about which toilet flange I'm going to install. I originally bought an ABS plastic flange because I'm tired of pulling toilets only to discover a rusted metal flange. Then I began to worry that the bolts...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks