Search results

1. Mage182

Burnham Alpine 105 Boiler E14 error

Correct. If you end up replacing the board be careful that it's the right one. When I obtained a replacement, there was a shortage of boards in the supply chain due to multiple storms that year. The model I ended up getting is universal to the run of boiler that I have, but its default settings...
  2. Mage182

Burnham Alpine 105 Boiler E14 error

I have an Alpine 150 model and started receiving a similar error after a hurricane. It seems that there were some power variations that damaged the control board. I ended up having to replace it. I also added a power conditioner so that the problem doesn't occur again.
  3. Mage182

After ModCon Boiler install, should I upgrade baseboards?

What output size is the boiler? Are you currently using fintube baseboards?
  4. Mage182

Mini Split Engineering Recommendation

What is best practice for placing the vents and return for this since the documentation doesn't give any guidance? Can the return be an existing hole in the floor in one closet? Can I run one duct up the wall in between the two rooms and put a grate on either side for output up near the ceiling?
  5. Mage182

Can I mount one ducted unit to the ceiling in the unfinished basement below and run a feed up through the floor to each room? Is that an acceptable install?
  6. Mage182

I have hydronic heating.
  7. Mage182

I had a home energy review done during a renovation a few years back that included a mini split implementation design by a Mitsubishi cooling engineer. However, it is contradictory to everything I have read here about microzoning or oversizing. Does anyone have any opinions on the design or how...
  8. Mage182

Cast iron baseboard heating unevenly

I use the same baseboard to heat my whole house. One zone on each floor. Dana's comments about flow and temp are spot on as usual. I also used thermostat positioning to control my situation. Having the thermostat in room 1 is always going to yield the shortest run times. Can you move it so that...
  9. Mage182

Cast iron baseboard heating unevenly

What are the specs on your boiler?
  10. Mage182

Designing a mini split w/ this floor plan

Attached are the plans showing each head location, and the diagram showing the hardware to be installed. Some changes would have to be made due to constraints of where where the heads can physically be installed, but it gives you a general idea. My alternative plan is to install one larger...
  11. Mage182

Designing a mini split w/ this floor plan

I have been working on a mini split design for my house which has a similar layout just a bit smaller. A design I was given by a Mitsubishi engineer included multiple heads to cover the bedrooms and a larger one in the main living space. I'm concerned about microzones and the efficiency of multi...
  12. Mage182

HVAC Mini Split Systems

Can you post a basic layout of the floor plan of your house and where you're planning on putting the heads/duct outputs? I'm working through the process of system design now in my expanded cape and am worried about microzoning with oversized output.
  13. Mage182

Alpine 150 noisier after blower changed

I have an Alpine 150. I run a max fan speed of 1750 for heating calls ( I have 2 zones), and 1950 for DHW calls (no priority set). As Dana said, grossly oversized for NY but it works pretty well.
  14. Mage182

New boiler to allow chimney removal

In the beginning yes. But I started with fintube due to time constraints and didn't move to CI baseboard until my second heating season. Now with all of my radiators being CI or CI baseboard and the boiler set to pretty much minimum fire for all zone calls except for the indirect tank...
  15. Mage182

New boiler to allow chimney removal

I removed my chimney and replaced with a Burnham Alpine model which is direct vent. Everything works great except for the fact that I got some bad advice on sizing and have had to fight my unit to work efficiently. Putting in the extra time up front to do research into the best brand to purchase...
  16. Mage182

ALP105B Soft Lockout (Hold) 11

Can you hear the igniter arcing during the direct ignition phase of startup? What do your temp sensors look like during startup? Before I replaced my stack temp sensor with the redesigned one, the old one got so wonky that it was reading 190 degree stack temps during startup so it would never...
  17. Mage182

Burnham Alpine ALP210 High Limit Reset Sensor Error, Main Board problem?

Your interface is a newer version than mine. Is that high limit referring to stack temp? If so there is a stack temp sensor which is the problem I had. The way it was originally designed allowed the condensate to come in contact with the sensor which caused it to fail. The replacement I bought...
  18. Mage182

Burnham Alpine 150 ModCon likely oversized and not working at highest efficiency

I have this boiler (although probably an older version of Sage than you have), and my house is smaller in square footage. I have cast iron baseboard throughout the house and DHW tank piped as a zone. I'll just make a list of notes. I don't have the DHW configured as priority. Everything can...
  19. Mage182

Burnham Alpine ALP210 High Limit Reset Sensor Error, Main Board problem?

ALP150 user here. Can you upload some pics of your piping setup from the boiler to the zone pumps/valves? In my experience with these sensors having problems it's either the sensor itself or some sort of flow (or lack thereof) issue.
  20. Mage182

Ductless Line Set Routing

Is it permissible to run a line set up the exterior wall of a house, into the soffit, across a bay of the second floor ceiling, then down an interior wall about 2' to where the indoor unit would be mounted? Condensate drainage isn't an issue, just want to make sure the line set routing will be OK.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks