Search results

1. Gtomike06

Sdr 35 fernco fitting

Appreciate the options. I may try and just crank down on it. Though about maybe putting a layer of electrical tape on it? But it says online the range for the standard fernco is 6.30 to 6.80. But man it sure looked loose on the sdr35 at the store. I really like those hubs but doubt I'd be...
  2. Gtomike06

Sdr 35 fernco fitting

Need to replace a couple foot section of 6 inch sdr 35. The only fernco fittings I can find are to loose on the pipe and fit over sch 40. Is there any other fittings made to join the sdr35 since I can't slide a fitting in? Thanks
  3. Gtomike06

Delta b114900c mixing valve leaking into wall

Yea that might be what I have to do. I had a delta valve on another faucet that leaked and it had a nut in front of it and a couple turns seated the o rings to stop leaking but I couldn't figure out is this had something like that as well. Whats strange to me is it only leaks with the water on...
  4. Gtomike06

Delta b114900c mixing valve leaking into wall

Bought a little cabin the previous owner built himself and been fixing stuff he didn't get right. I noticed when my wife showered a drip coming from under the shower. Investigated thinking he didn't get the pex crimped but its actually leaking from the mixing valve. It only leaks when the water...
  5. Gtomike06

Compression shutoff leak, angle on joint, and leaky packing nut

Yea I didnt have a picture of the valve. The leak appears to be pretty dang slow since yesterday it didn't leak at all and then this morning I saw 2 drops under it. Thought it was good till I woke up for work and did my next morning leak check. I thought about pipe dope on the threads but...
  6. Gtomike06

Compression shutoff leak, angle on joint, and leaky packing nut

Had some pipes break during the freeze and was lucky enough to only feed some water spigots. Hadn't sweated any copper in years since the last house was converted to PEX. Sweated a shutoff upstream and got the house back on. Finally found all the stuff to fix it and have had a small leak from...
  7. Gtomike06

Water leak inside wall

Yes it's a tile shower with a tile floor. The leak is inside an exterior wall so I can't see where exactly it's coming from without tearing something down. The pressure gauge I bought was a $10 one from lowes and the pressure dropped slightly every day checking it at the same time. There is a...
  8. Gtomike06

Water leak inside wall

I'm trying to narrow down where it's coming from. It isn't a major leak I just noticed some dampness on the baseboard and tracked it to behind the shower in the exterior wall. There's a single cold water line behind the shower in the wall that feeds a spigot on the back of the house. I suspect...
  9. Gtomike06

Black residue around water heater roof vent

Why would it collect on the bottom of the roof? I would think it would collect in the ceiling of the room or around the roof jack outside. I'm not expert though. I would hope they would have checked the flame but since they left the cpvc against the flue pipe I'm not sure they would have. I...
  10. Gtomike06

Black residue around water heater roof vent

I had all my galvanized pipe replaced earlier this year by a local plumbing company along with my hot water heater. I've been having some ac issues and it looks like when they were working in the breezeway attic they crushed some ductwork. When I was up there I noticed the cpvc was against the...
  11. Gtomike06

Oatey all purpose cement on CPVC

Hopefully that never happens again.....with the global warming and all it shouldnt. it hasn't in my lifetime but I'm sure it will eventually. The walls are insulated and the pipe is under the insulation and all the siding and plywood so it has a pretty good barrier. Pex is the only pipe i can...
  12. Gtomike06

Why the concern? Because of freezing? Well I did a little research and it didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling I was hoping for but everything said it was alright.... I called oatey and they said that it's fine for cpvc used for hot or cold as long as it's in a residential service. I also...
  13. Gtomike06

Yea I agree.... the back wall is closed up already but the front isn't.... maybe I can take some time off and replace it at least and if I can get off tomorrow I can make get the plywood off the back to replace it..... man this sucks.... I try to leave it to the pros but I can't ever get em to...
  14. Gtomike06

I had been waiting on a plumber for 2 months to rrplace the old galvanized pipe so the siding guys could get started on my house. I took off work last week and put the CPVC in the exterior walls with the siding removed. I used the Oatey all purpose cement in the red can since I was going to be...
  15. Gtomike06

Valve for PVC to CPVC and under sink shutoff

Yea the only reason I went with the 1/2 was because the only thing this feeds is the sink and dishwasher and I transitioned from 1 inch to 1/2 right at the fizture. I can swap it to 3/4 but the flexible supply lines are 3/8 so as long as I transition to 1/2 at the fixture it wouldn't be losing...
  16. Gtomike06

Valve for PVC to CPVC and under sink shutoff

After waiting 2.5 months for a plumber to replace the old galvanized pipes I decided to take some time off work and do it myself. I've don't quite a bit of plumbing before never a repipe though and it's been a while since I've done any though. I just want to make sure what I'm doing is right...
  17. Gtomike06

Adding second floor bathroom

ugh..... the problems of remodeing...... i replaced all the subfloor and started putting my water lines in and then was going to start working on the drains when i realized that under the sole plate that i planned on running my drain lines under is 3 2x10 beams sandwiched together so theres no...
  18. Gtomike06

well working is my main concern, the main vent stack is about +/- 15 ft away from the sink so i didnt think i could tie anything to that one for venting. thanks for the help.
  19. Gtomike06

ok, hopefully this will be the final one, id really prefer not to flip the shower around since it would be the easiest to make an access panel to shutoff valves on the current end so lets see if this will vent it, the shower is 60 inches wide overall and the drain is about 6 inches from the wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks