Search results

1. K

Hydrogen Sulfide?

I understand the hydrogen peroxide does the same thing, but I do not know the advantage or disadvatage of it over chlorine. I do not use a holding/mixing tank. I inject before the presure tank. For me, this has eliminated any H2S issue. My H2S gas level is considered medium. I premix...
  2. K

Hydrogen Sulfide?

Karl in NY, I know from my own system that a Stenner chemical pump has worked well for me. You can adjust precisely how much chlorine enters the water stream. With a chlorine test and trial/error; you can add just enough to be "used up" by the H2S and leave little to no "free" chlorine to...
  3. K

Incomplete Backflush or Rinsing

Gary S, I have a response but need to find time to inspect inside the resin tank and see what there is as far as an obstruction or loaded up resin. I don't believe the pyrolox (iron filter) is the issue. This unit back flushes every night (14 mins), and yes before the resin tank (every 4...
  4. K

I understand that methane is not being treated and that the only way to do this is with a aeration tank. This tank and additional pump is quite expensive compared to a nuisance gas at the tap. I simply included this fualt in my water profile (for sympathy:)). I treat with chlorine to kill...
  5. K

Yes, it is plumed in that order; chem injector, pyrolox, softener. The system is a year old. And the mixed bed is Cation and Anion resins; 50/50.
  6. K

This is a newer Autotrol, don't remember the modle; but it is programmable. I don't remember, either, the increase in minutes but it was significant. BTW, I used to have iron bacteria issue untill I installed the chlorine injection. Am wondering if there could be an issue with the resin...
  7. K

Thank you for any advice. 3ppm Iron, 25 hardness, ~~7.1 ph, medium tannins, medium sulfur smell, medium methane. I have a chemical pump (chlorine/soda ash), Terminox Iron Filter and a mixed bed softener. All works well except imediately after a resin regeneration. I basically have a lot of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks