Search results

1. Cobra1365

RO System Slime Build up

A bit of clarification: I’m on a 40’ well, not municipal water. So, not chlorinated. I mistyped the filter specs. It’s a 50 micron spin down followed by a 10 micron sediment then a carbon block. These are all post pressure tank and before the soda ash system. The RO feed is post soda ash...
  2. Cobra1365

RO System Slime Build up

My ECO Water RO system has been going thru pre filters at a rate of 1 per month! Today, I cut into the filter I removed and found a thick coat of white slime that looked like silicone grease! This despite having a 5 micron spin down , 10 micron sediment and carbon block filter system BEFORE...
  3. Cobra1365

Recent pressure drop

Gave up the guessing games and called the guys that put in the well. Turns out everything is still under warranty! Couldn’t find any problems and despite what that video shows, nothing of the sort happened today! Everything worked like it’s supposed to! Sort of like that noise in you car...
  4. Cobra1365

Recent pressure drop

See above post.
  5. Cobra1365

Recent pressure drop

Ok, here’s a vid of the pressure gauge. I know you said connect it to the WH. But, I remembered I had this hose bib easily accessible right after the filter and conditioning system that I use to clean and service the soda ash tank. I connected it, opened the tap, then went to the far end of...
  6. Cobra1365

Recent pressure drop

Wow! Thats a lot to digest! I guess I misspoke. The well is indeed a submerged pump, not a jet pump. This is the filter system I am using… https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-WGB32BM-Filtration-Sediment-Manganese/dp/B01FI3BLYM?tag=ispringwate03-20&th=1 Along with this spin down filter just...
  7. Cobra1365

Recent pressure drop

Sorry, been really busy with another project! yes, got the pressure gauge and I‘m at a steady 55psi. pressure at both bathroom sinks is low…hot and cold. tried to remove aerators and either I’ve lost my mojo or they are not removable! I was afraid I was going to break something! water...
  8. Cobra1365

Recent pressure drop

Partially solved my issue! Turns out when I last changed my water filters, I did not change the carbon filter! I say partially because now that the overall water pressure is good, I still have an issue at a single tap. In the Master bath, after changing filters, I turned on the sink and, as...
  9. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

Well, no joy! Turned the toilet valve almost completely off. Still had it after flush.
  10. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

Thanks! I‘ll try that today and report back!
  11. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

Sorry for the late update! I installed arrestors on each of the toilets and two on the back of the washing machine. I climbed under the house and checked the tank. It checks fine. Checked the lines and they are secure. As stated earlier, bypassed the filter system and soda ash system…no...
  12. Cobra1365

Drain Overflow...Tub to Shower Conversion

Just looked over the Code again. I’m good with 1 1/2” drain. I just need to step down from 2” to 1 1/2” prior to P-trap.
  13. Cobra1365

That’s the problem. While I can access it, the way they have it plumbed, there are no sections to cut and splice because of all the connections they have in there (see end of vid). It looks to me like I’d have to replace almost all of those connections.
  14. Cobra1365

Next question. The existing tub had a 1 1/2 drain line all the way to the main drain line of the house (4”). The video below shows how it was plumbed. Since the new shower requires a 2” drain, how do/Can I transition to the 1 1/2 inch line? My thought was to cut the existing 1 1/2” line as...
  15. Cobra1365

That’s sort of what I was thinking. Just wasn’t sure. I’m installing a prefab shower pan. Thanks!
  16. Cobra1365

I know I have to go to a 2” drain to be in code. But, can I just cap off the existing overflow tube?
  17. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

Yes, I plan on climbing under the house and checking the bladder tank as well as the piping. The sink faucets are lever type that turn off within a quarter turn. So, relative quick to shut off.
  18. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

So, I bypassed the filter system and still have the issue. I’m thinking I’ll add two arrestors at the washer and two more at the toilets (opposite ends of the house). The next question is will those two on the toilets dampen the bang when the adjacent sinks are shut off?
  19. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

Great info! Thanks!
  20. Cobra1365

Thunk....Water Hammer?

That’s what it appears to be. So, then, is it better to put the arrestors closer to the far end or where the flow begins? I’m thinking either way, it’s a trip into my crawl space...just whether I want to crawl all the way to the end and install them in the distro lines just before they turn...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks