Search results

1. GCloud

Kerdi Wicking

I see what you're saying. Makes sense. Thanks. Grant
  2. GCloud

Kerdi Wicking

Jadnashua, can you expand on your first point about never having liquid water on kerdi once installed? How does one flood test if there can't be liquid water on the kerdi? I feel maybe I'm not following your comment..? Do you mean "should" like it's unlikely to happen? Or "should" like I...
  3. GCloud

Kerdi Wicking

Good points. Maybe another test would be to coat this strip in thinset and see if water wicks then. I'll start that one when I mix my next batch of thinset.
  4. GCloud

tiled and heated shower

LLegitfa, I agree this would be a good test. I'm going to do this one next. Having said this, I have seen this box test you're suggesting in action. I'd have to defer to the tester for details, but according to him his box has been wicking and loosing water. I saw the box. The kerdi was...
  5. GCloud

Kerdi Wicking

So I've installed a base, covered it with Kerdi and all seems good as far as the flood test goes. But I've got a beef with the Kerdi. Here's why. The layer of fleece wicks water. I'm testing a strip of kerdi submersed in water with water soluble ink marks on it. See pics. After...
  6. GCloud

tiled and heated shower

oh...and the heated flooring in the shower bed. Its such a small area and the additional cost to have a nice heat everywhere in the room on the feet was just a nice thought. I've chosen however to not do this step out of simplicity and time. That said, I would definitely like to have this...
  7. GCloud

tiled and heated shower

Yes..I also avoided the use of drywall. Not because the manufacturer doesn't suggest it, but because after seeming the ease at which it was compromised in the previous shower I thought it would be best to go with something a little more water resistant just in case. It was suggested I use greenE...
  8. GCloud

tiled and heated shower

Hello again. So...what should have been a straightforward shower install has revealed itself as something totally different. Water damage was bad to say the least. Pics to follow. Enough to say that after pulling out old prefab showed bed, lino, concrete slab with radiant heating, I was able...
  9. GCloud

tiled and heated shower

thanks everyone for the tips! watched the kerdi video...seems easy enough. John...to answer your questions: Are you a serious DIYer and do you have any prior tile setting expeirence? Yes...I'm a carpenter so I've got quite a bit of general experience, however this is my first shower. I've...
  10. GCloud

tiled and heated shower

Hello everyone My name is Grant. I've just stumbled across this forum and there's tons of great information here! I'm about to undergo my first tiled shower and I've got a few (many actually) questions. I've looked at the ontariotile site and its been a lot of help, but I'm still a bit...
  11. GCloud

Plug for testing the pan liner in the shower base??

How do you measure the evaporation rate? G.https://terrylove.com/forums/newreply.php?p=284213&noquote=1
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks