Search results

1. lucgallant

Question about inspection hatch in slab

To be real honest, I don't even know what's on the lower part of that flap. I suspected weeping tile, and the plumbing inspector kind of had agreed. At that point, the flap is probably about 6.5' below grade. Whatever the purpose of the flap, the original question was regarding humidity in the...
  2. lucgallant

See this sketch. The sketch is drawn looking from the left side of the image. Keep in mind in the picture above the 4" cap is removed. Also if you zoom in to the picture above you'll see there's an outlet right above the flap, kind of where that dirt is.
  3. lucgallant

Hi there, I might have used the wrong word when I wrote "Check valve". The flap is currently on its stop, it can't go down any more. It blocks water from the horizontal pipe (going up in the picture) from going downwards (into the picture). I can only suspect that the downwards pipe come from...
  4. lucgallant

Hi everyone, I've got a question about a situation in my washroom. I know it's not a 100% plumbing question but it definitely ties to my plumbing system. I know it's a bit long but I wanted to provide all the detail. See the attached photo. This is a photo of a renovation I was doing 3 years...
  5. lucgallant

Installing flooring & toilet flange

Ok, thanks everyone, this helps a lot. The instructions for the extensions say to use silicone to seal all the extensions to the base flange, is that method generally accepted or should I use another method? Luc
  6. lucgallant

Hi there, do you mean the flange extensions screwed into the existing flange/concrete?
  7. lucgallant

Hi everyone, looking to get an opinion on something that most of you guys will probably deem a no brainer. I've had to pour self leveling concrete in my bathroom to get things level and this has caused the top of the toilet flange to be level with the concrete. I'm going to be putting in...
  8. lucgallant

Question about shower copper piping route

Hi there, I am supply piping to the shower faucet and I had a question about if a route is acceptable. I have drawn two routes, one is in blue, and it would go through the back wall of the shower, and then around the corner to the faucet. The other, in red, goes between the ceiling drywall...
  9. lucgallant

Questions about bathroom renovation

Hi Terry, maybe I was unclear. As shown in the picture above, there is drywall, then the piping (both supply and drain), then vapour barrier, then insulation, then concrete. So there is concrete behind the insulation, and the insulation is behind the vapour barrier. Hope this clarifies...
  10. lucgallant

hj, In the picture with the flapper, I removed the 4" cap. So if water were to flow up through the flapper, it would flow to drain. I coudln't go to the floor because the cap would be on. Not sure if that clarifies it? Well the bathroom in the pictures existed before we tore it down. There...
  11. lucgallant

Hi there, the basement is below grade. About 1' of the piping is on the exterior wall without earth on the other side. The rest has earth on the other side... Thanks again.
  12. lucgallant

As promised, here is a diagram of the layout.
  13. lucgallant

Perfect, thanks. That's how it is currently setup. dlarrivee is correct about it getting cold here, on the Environment Canada website last year we hit -52 C (-62 F) with windchill. I think I got a handle on things now, the only thing I'm still curious about is whether the toilet pipe is...
  14. lucgallant

Thank you everyone for your replies, very much appreciated. I will try and give answers to all that was asked. So are there plumbing codes about running piping on an exterior wall like this? The piping has been there 20 years and shows no signs of freezing. I also intend to put in 2x6 walls...
  15. lucgallant

I was slightly confused when I saw that as well. The photo I posted cuts it off, but the drain slopes down into the concrete. Right before it goes into the concrete it 45 degrees downwards. The vanity, being that it has a ~3" pedestal, covered all that up... I just hope I have no problems...
  16. lucgallant

I know replying to my own thread isn't really classy, but I know more photos help, so here they are: *********************************************************************** 6) The image below shows the supply and drain for the vanity/sink. This is an external wall (basement, concrete is...
  17. lucgallant

Hi everyone, we're redoing our bathroom and to avoid inadvertently covering up anything, we've gutted the entire thing. We knew some part of the old shower had been leaking and causing mold, which we found to be the taps (leaking inside the wall...). Also the toilet seems to have leaked at the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks