Search results

1. Burked1234

Clay Pipe tie in

i should also note that, i'm not planning on doing this myself, but hiring a pro for this kind of thing
  2. Burked1234

Clay Pipe tie in

Define "forced to" ;) The pipe runs under the a finished floor of the basement, so i'm not inclined to bust that open unless i have to (and getting out through the back yard would require demolishing my porch, so, probably not going to do that. but, good points non the less
  3. Burked1234

Clay Pipe tie in

Hi- I have a 1916 house in Pittsburgh. When it was built, the gutters drained into the house and under the basement floor through the clay pipe that runs to the sewer. We changed this when we moved in as it was a code violation, and capped the pipes. I am thinking of adding a second bathroom...
  4. Burked1234

Basement washer/utility sink drain problem

You could get the pipe scoped with a video probe, that will also tell you where it goes. Not having a vent is a pretty big deal in terms of flow, especially on a washer, given the rate of discharge. You also will likely sipon out the trap wihtout a vent. If you have a cleanout on your main...
  5. Burked1234

Basement washer/utility sink drain problem

I think i would try and see/investigate some more (maybe dye test) that galvanized pipe to see where it drains. just because you can't see it tie into the sewer, does not mean that it doesn't. I don't see any vents at all on this work either, which as stated makes this not very viable as a...
  6. Burked1234

Thanks!

Completed moving a washer and dryer this weekend, which entailed running all new copper and drains (and cutting into my main stack for the first time, yikes) and wanted to say thanks to all the people who post on this forum, it was a wealth of information. Nothing more satisfying that haing the...
  7. Burked1234

Vent Tie In

Hi- Is there a limit to what can be tied into a vent that goes to the roof line? i have a 1st floor toilet/sink that vents outside and up to the roof through a 1-1/2" line (code in my area, pgh) i want to tie in the washing machine plumbing vent and floor drain vent from my basement to it...
  8. Burked1234

T-wye or Sani-t on 3" secondary stack

Yep. I believe the vent needs to be less that 60" from the p-trap to the vent correct? I know that AAV's are hotly contested. i was thinking about using one in the application, and coult *possibly* get it routed to the outside. Any throughts on this?
  9. Burked1234

T-wye or Sani-t on 3" secondary stack

Hi- What is the correct piece to use on a 3" vertical secondary stack. I am adding in the plumbing from my washer to this. it currently has a cleanout T on it, which will be moved up to make room for this. i would prefer to use the Sani-t since it will add less height to the plumbing but can...
  10. Burked1234

Check Pipe Pitch?

ok, bit more on this. Since i have nothing better to on a friday night, i decided to use a still camera and shoot some pictures of the pipe to see what i can see. i saw some gravel, and some other bits that were causing the pipe to not drain right. after sticking my hand into the pipe, i...
  11. Burked1234

Check Pipe Pitch?

ok, fair enough, so that's a nomanclature issue on my part. what i removed was the rusted out pieces of what used to be a bell trap, stuffed with a plastic bag to stop gasses coming out by the previous owners that i am looking to make better use out of and rectify. So, i'll install a properly...
  12. Burked1234

Check Pipe Pitch?

Hj- are low spots in older cast pipes common and/or an issue?
  13. Burked1234

Check Pipe Pitch?

the trap i removed that was rusted out was a bell trap (but, good point). it had been plugged by the previous owner (i think they lost the bell at some point and the trap was not kept primed). i think i'm comitted to excavatiing the first couple of feet of the pipe run and getting a level on...
  14. Burked1234

Check Pipe Pitch?

Is there a way to tell/trick of the trade/ to see if a buried pipe is pitched properly? I have a floor drain in my basement that i want to convert to use for the washing machine discharge (it's cast-iron pipe, the bell trap came out cleanly so going to use a fernco doughnut to a 3" ABS and go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks