Search results

1. slapappy

bathtub to shower conversion

Thanks, Terry. I didn't think it would be a problem, but wanted to make sure. My main business is home remodeling, and while I do quite a bit of plumbing, it's not my full time job. Good to get feedback from a pro! John
  2. slapappy

bathtub to shower conversion

I'm going to be converting a tub to a shower enclosure. The tub drain line is 1 1/2" copper. I'll be using the Kerdi Shower kit, which is designed for a 2" drain. Any workaround? I have to tear up part of the subfloor anyway to move the drain to the center of the shower base, but where the 1...
  3. slapappy

Bathtub to shower conversion

Thanks for the reply, John. Any idea where I might find a drain designed for a fiberglass shower receptor? The flange would need to be 4 1/4". Also, just curious, why cast iron? Wouldn't it be better to use a brass trap when tying into copper?
  4. slapappy

I meant 1 1/2" steel drain pipe, and I was talking about my house, not my clients'. What exactly is your point? To feel superior? To belittle me? Any constructive advice?
  5. slapappy

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, and had a question about shower drains. My customer has chosen to replace his tub, and install a fiberglass shower receptor. The tub had a 1 1/2" trap and trap arm, which ties into the 2" drain line. I know that a shower is supposed to have a 2" drain, but it's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks