Search results

1. Chuck B

Rattling Handle MOEN CA87094SRS Bayhill Kitchen Faucet

Installed the above Moen single handle kitchen faucet some six months ago, works fine. Recently have noticed a loose handle and it makes a noise when you turn it on or off. I tightened the set screw, which did not solve the problem. I then took the handle completely off and made sure that the...
  2. Chuck B

Threshold Notch Size for Thinset?

Hi guys, I’m replacing a broken granite threshold and have installed a half inch hardie backer cement board underneath after carefully chipping out the grout adjacent to the tile. Can someone please tell me what size and shape of notched trowel to use with the acrylic modified thin set? And...
  3. Chuck B

Portable Air Conditioner Selection Advice Please!

Hi! I could use some advice on the selection of a quality portable air conditioner that will be used in a bedroom primarily at night, and the main living area on occasion during the day. My wife and I are the only inhabitants of the cottage on a regular basis. The dwelling is our lakefront...
  4. Chuck B

Sump Pump Humming - Not Moving Water- PERPLEXED!

Thanks for all the suggestions. The black fitting is a check valve on the way out to the sanitary drain. I finally disassembled it and found that the flapper hinge was broken off and the round stopper was bouncing around inside which caused the problem. I put in a new check valve and...
  5. Chuck B

Sump Pump Humming - Not Moving Water- PERPLEXED!

Hi Guys, I am having a perplexing problem. Frankly I am puzzled with the following issue: I noticed my pedestal (motor above crock) sump pump “humming” but not moving water recently. Since it was some 20 years old I figured it needed replacing. I replaced it with a submersible Liberty 1/3 hp...
  6. Chuck B

Wiring New GE Electric Cooktop

Thanks for the information. I’m curious why you suggest I keep the white wire attached to the neutral bar in the panel instead of simply capping it off there, since it goes to the box by the cooktop and is capped there and not used? What purpose would it serve being attached to the neutral bar...
  7. Chuck B

Wiring New GE Electric Cooktop

Hi Guys, I am replacing my free standing range/oven which was wired on a 50-amp circuit with 6-gauge 4-wire. The breaker was 50-amps. I would have a very difficult time feeding an 8-gauge wire to the new cooktop. I will install a 40-amp breaker in the panel as that is what’s required for the...
  8. Chuck B

WALL THERMOSTAT SELECTION FOR 240v TOE KICK HEATER WITH FAN

Hi: I have installed a 24ov thermostat for baseboard heaters in the past. I had also intended to use another dedicated wall thermostat for a single Cadet Brand PerfectToe 240v, 1000 watt “PerfectToe” toe kick heater under the kitchen cabinets. But I learned that when the temperature is...
  9. Chuck B

20 amp 240v continuous load calculations

I am installing three (3) digital wall heaters in my cottage on a 240v 20 amp circuit. My calculation at 80% is 3,840 Watts. However my plan is to install (2) 1,600 volt and (1) 800 volt heaters (wall units with built in thermostats) which places me at 16.666 amps and a 4,000 watt draw on the...
  10. Chuck B

New Kohler Sink Drain Slow Dripping Leaks

Tried Teflon tape on threads, replaced washer at top of drain with plumbers putty. Still slight drip. Push up and down stopper. Kohler. Are you suggesting 100% silicon on threads THEN Teflon tape, or tape first. Please advise and thanks a lot Michael!
  11. Chuck B

New Kohler Sink Drain Slow Dripping Leaks

Installed (and reinstalled 3x) new waterfall style Kohler bath faucet drain on new integrated molded sink. Hand tightened nut under sink per instructions at various hand tightness levels. Should I use the channel locks for a slightly tighter fit? Placed thin rubber washer under drain at top of...
  12. Chuck B

Wax vs. Foam Toilet Gasket

Thanks! Will do!
  13. Chuck B

Wax vs. Foam Toilet Gasket

I will be setting a toilet in my cottage, but will need to remove it relatively soon when I redo the old linoleum replacing it with waterproof vinyl interlocking planks (love that stuff - beats heck out of laminate around water). So wondering if I could avoid the hassle of cleaning the old wax...
  14. Chuck B

Toe Kick Under Kitchen Counter Electric Heater

Sorry for delayed reply jd! Yep I installed a Cadet brand 1000 watt, 240v toe kick heater in my kitchen in a small cottage up in northern Michigan. I ran an armored cable from a metal box in the wall underneath the cabinet. It along with two other baseboard Cadet brand heaters are controlled...
  15. Chuck B

Roughing 1/2" Copper for Tub Tile

Thanks a lot Terry and Reach! Big help great advice as usual!
  16. Chuck B

Roughing 1/2" Copper for Tub Tile

I am going to run 1/2" copper pipe for my tub spout, single handle hot-cold shower/tub faucet, 6 in 1 mixer for the main shower head, a body spray, and a separate hand help sprayer...all Moen behind 13" square porcelain tile. Will screw Hardibacker to studs, tape and thinset seams and caulk...
  17. Chuck B

Underground UF Wiring Gauge Selection

Th Thanks. Load is small undercounter fridge, two led lights, a LED flood and several receptacles for power tools such as my Bosch portable table saw, drill, etc. Would only be using one power tool at a time. The only reason I considered a 10 gauge wire is for current leakage over a 75 foot...
  18. Chuck B

Wiring Split 15 & 20 amp circuits on same receptacle

Thanks Reach! Will probably use a NEMA-5-20 receptacle and run two 20-amp lines with two 20-amp breakers using 12-2 Romex. Same amount of labor and increased costs are minimal. By the way I have a new Square Deal QO panel. I heard that it was a very good quality panel although the main breaker...
  19. Chuck B

Underground UF Wiring Gauge Selection

I will be running a new 20-amp circuit to a currently unwired shed some 75' away from its departure from my cottage. Is it detrimental or advisable on the 20-amp circuit to use 10-2 gauge UF to combat resistance on a long run? I also intend to run a 3-wire back to a spotlight 3-way switch...
  20. Chuck B

Wiring Split 15 & 20 amp circuits on same receptacle

I wish to install a single dedicated receptacle encased in a weatherproof box and cover to power a new septic tank pump (20-amp dedicated circuit), and a pump malfunction alarm (15-amp dedicated circuit). I do not wish to use a double gang exterior box. I would install two breakers in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks