Search results

1. handy_wo_man

outside heating/cooling unit

Please help. with no response to my last thread could someone please explain to me where my main air duct should be placed at with two main ducts running (one on each side of mobile home) and a crossover on each end. (should i install another cross-over in the center for the main air duct?)
  2. handy_wo_man

which side of osb faces up

im replacing my subfloor in a mobile home in 3 of the rooms right now does it matter which side (smooth or roof) i should face up. ive been putting the rough side up because the smooth side seemed as if it had maybe a moisture barrier on it and i figured since it did it would be best facing the...
  3. handy_wo_man

ac/heat pump/e heat-unit-where should my main air duct be placed

i live in an 28X81 double wide 7 years ago i had a new outside unit installed and had my old furnace removed. my ac freezes up every year and my heat never quits running during the winter. i had asked that the old duct work be replaced to suite the new unit but it wasnt. i am currently...
  4. handy_wo_man

high electric bill $900++ please help

the electrician came, everything checked out fine. and how dumb i felt when he shut the main off outside and it quit turning. honest to goodness it was turning when i shut it off two days before and months before that. i went outside myself while he was here i just had to see it with my own...
  5. handy_wo_man

ballvalve: thank you and very well said. the electrician is suppose to be here today haven't heard from him yet but, hopefully he'll make it. i spoke to the power company once again today and once again was advised it's not the meter hire an electrician. i've been wandering though, the guy...
  6. handy_wo_man

ballvalve, i sure hope you're right because a rebate from the electric company would be super. not counting on that though but wishful thinking never hurts. i have called my electric company they said there couldn't be anything on their part causing my meter to turn even with the main breaker...
  7. handy_wo_man

first, thank you for your suggestions. who would i get to do a pressure test (electrician?, heating/cooling company?) i'm not sure what that is but sounds pretty self explanatory just wondering who to call. and, yes i definitely live in the mountains and my home ended up being so high because...
  8. handy_wo_man

thanks all for your input, yeah that was my thinking something is pulling current through my meter, and i've never heard of the blower door leak test but i definitely need my home put through a weatherization test for sure, at one end it is about 10' off of the ground, it does have underpinning...
  9. handy_wo_man

i've turned off all breakers and my main inside breaker and my meter is still turning, slowly but still turning. i also turned off my outside breaker and guess what it still spins, slow but still spinning. i tried turning each breaker on one at a time nothing really caused it to spin fast, so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks