Search results

1. Quack

Moen replacement cartidge - plastic or brass?

Hello everyone, Here's the story; I had a leaky Moen shower faucet, so I replaced the cartridge. While at the big box store, they had 2--the brass and the plastic. The salesman said either would work, but he said if unsure, go brass, so that's what I bought. After I got home, I removed...
  2. Quack

Too high water50 pressure?

Alright, last question, I swear. I bought a thermal expansion tank. I'm going to add some copper pipe and put it against the wall with Earthquake tie-downs. The instruction's diagrams have a permanent pressure gauge in as well. The pressure gauges at home depot and lowe's are pretty...
  3. Quack

Electrolysis question

I've been reading about common plumbing problems and I'm wondering if the way I have currently set up my water softener is going to leave me with an electrolysis problem. I have a Fleck stainless steel bypass valve. The valve has 2 female threads for the in and out. Per the instructions, I...
  4. Quack

Next question then. How do you fix a PRV? According to the tag, it is a Wilkins Model 70. I found a "repair kit" on the Internet for about $50. I also some new PRVs (from Watts) online for about $50. What the best course? Is the Wilkins Model 70 a good PRV? Should I just buy the repair...
  5. Quack

Hello everyone. I have 2 questions which may or may not be related. 1.) I think my water pressure regulator is faulty. If I screw in a water pressure test gauge into a garden hose outlet, and leave no other faucets open, it reads about 95-100 psi. However, when I open a valve inside (just a...
  6. Quack

More leak issues...

So I called one leak detection company and they quoted me $450, with no guarantees. Seems awfully steep for maybe an hours worth of work. Is that the standard rate for this sort of service? Surely there's a cheaper way.
  7. Quack

More leak issues...

So I've been trying to diagnose a leak issue I've been having for awhile. I've been trying to fix some leaks in my house, but haven't found them all yet. Right now, I'm leaking probably around 20 gallons a day. Not much, I know. But I understand that you should leak 0. I've done some...
  8. Quack

Very Slowly Spinning Fine Flow Indicator

Oh, and someone asked about the amount that one revolution of the fine flow indicator means. My guess is that for mine, it is one one hundreth of a cubic foot. I timed the amount of time that it takes to go around 5 times, then how long it took for it to go between 0.5 to 0.6 Works out pretty...
  9. Quack

Thanks for your help, guys. After further investigation, I've come to the conclusion that my main shut-off valve is leaking. It's a gate valve (i.e., like a garden hose valve) and I think there is water coming out the top where the gate is. I hadn't noticed before because its been raining and...
  10. Quack

The water meter outside my house is an Amco C700. I have owned the house for about 6 months now. I haven't really paid attention to this until now, but I realized that the fine flow wheel on the meter turns extremely slowly when i have the system off. The indicator is a small triangle...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks