Search results

1. K9mlxj

New anode rod on 20 year old gas water heater?

Have a 20 year old GE gas water heater. Put in a new thermocouple a few years back. The water heater still works totally fine. Only that water is showing rust coming out. Never replaced the anode rod on this water heater before. Would there be potential problem removing the old anode rod...
  2. K9mlxj

Swiss Madison Tropez 1-piece toilet (side-flush) install question

As mentioned, various websites describe the Swiss Madison St Tropez's flush as 'dual tornado' flush: https://www.afsupply.com/swiss-madison-sm-1t254-st-tropez-one-piece-elongated-toilet-dual-tornado-flush-0-8-1-28-gpf.html...
  3. K9mlxj

I'm not a pro. Terry you can explain how the Vortex tornado flush from Swiss Madison (some sites describe Vortex flush from Swiss Madison as 'tornado') is different from Toto's tornado design? Both are tornado designs. Update: I see that Toto's Tornado flush has 3 jets. Swiss Madison's is...
  4. K9mlxj

I finally got the toilet installed and have been using it for a bit over a month. The Vortex flush advertised on this toilet is surprising lacking the strength I expected. Two problems I've been seeing regularly: 1. Even with medium load, I see a piece or two toilet papers 'left behind'...
  5. K9mlxj

The refill is adjustable I'll adjust it down a bit then. I was wanting to up the water level in the bowl but I guess it went over.
  6. K9mlxj

Thanks. I got the toilet installed. The water line valve was short enough there was a 1 inch gap to the edge of the toilet's side wall so it worked out ok. I used a long socket to reach down to tighten the bolts on the bowl. I noticed something when flushing the toilet - right after water...
  7. K9mlxj

Looking to a 1-piece ADA toilet in a small bathroom. Everything costs more nowadays. So I looked into this Swiss Madison St Tropez 1-piece (side-flush) toilet. It's a heavy toilet at 107lb. It has a Vortex flush similar to Toto's tornado flush. It uses a 2" flapper...
  8. K9mlxj

Adding ground wire from old 2-prong outlet to copper pipe - code compliant?

Seems some folks have only read my first post which was just an initial question. Thx Stuff who posted NEC code 250.130(C). My finalized plan is to get the ground from a new grounded circuit (thx jadnashua for reminder on circuit extension) since this is allowed in 2014 NEC code version, as I...
  9. K9mlxj

In that case, I'll just add one 20A grounded circuit from the panel, which I'd use for any extension that I need for the rooms. I can then also use that ground from the new circuit and provide ground to the ground bus bars, where ground wires can be fed to convert all the old 2-prong outlets...
  10. K9mlxj

Hi, I wonder if this other arrangement would also work: converted 3-prong outlet 1 -> (ground wire) -> converted 3-prong outlet 2 converted 3-prong outlet 2 -> (ground wire) -> converted 3-prong outlet 3 converted 3-prong outlet 3 -> (ground wire) -> bus bar A bus bar A -> (ground wire) ...
  11. K9mlxj

Great thx for everyone's help. All the current outlets in this house are 20A circuits (only ceiling lights all go to one single 15A circuit), so it'd be #12 AWG wire for the whole setup. Good idea on the joist, so it'd be easy to locate the buses as well.
  12. K9mlxj

For this one, I can essentially run a ground wire from one ungrounded outlet to connect to the ground wire in a grounded outlet from another branch circuit (having same amp rating)? Don't really want to have a dozen grounding wires all over crawl space running all the way back to the panel...
  13. K9mlxj

I need to bring in ground wire to each ungrounded receptacle as I want to install surge protectors at the outlets to add surge protection. So to be clear, it'd comply with NEC, if I connect the ground wire to within 5 feet of the copper piping coming into the house. Would this following...
  14. K9mlxj

Hi, Is running ground wire in the crawl space from old 2-prong electrical outlet (clamped) to copper piping NEC code compliant? It's 100% copper piping in the house, and the copper piping goes underground 16 inches and runs for 60 ft before it gets to the water meter by the curbside. I...
  15. K9mlxj

Temporary water leak inside when water heater starts

Thanks that helps. I guess during the summer this won't likely happen then?
  16. K9mlxj

Temporary water leak inside when water heater starts

Hi, I come across my 40 gallon GE gas water heater (more than 10 years old) pilot light going out a couple of times. When I re-lit the pilot light and turned on the water heater afterward, I'd always hear water drip sound inside the water heater -- until water heated up in the tank. Then the...
  17. K9mlxj

Garbage Disposal - debris at outlet tee (baffled)

I was not able to locate a sanitary tee in local stores w/ 1 1/4" on the upper inlet, so I just picked up a regular 1 1/2" sanitary tee instead, and with a short 1 1/2" pipe added the coupling to transition to 1 1/4 vent pipe above. I'm not sure if practically the inspector will consider this...
  18. K9mlxj

A month ago, all the pipes backed up. Turned out there were tree roots creeping all the way into the main drain. The local city crew came and pressure-cleaned the main street drain from the house entry cleanout at the driveway. The drain cleared up, but some pipes remained somewhat slow...
  19. K9mlxj

I'm not familiar with code. Perhaps someone would know if this bushing is allowed? This pipe goes down to a CI hub just above floor, which eventually connects to the main 4" drain pipe in the crawl space straight below. There's no horizontal run from this pipe to the main drain. The sludge...
  20. K9mlxj

Thx -- I'll need to locate one locally. Couldn't find in big box stores, perhaps need to go to plumbing supply stores to find it. I finished the cut and removed the existing sanitary tee. I used the demon carbide blade on a sawsaw as that was fast, but I did make a cut to the other side of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks