Search results

1. Miketinternet

Heating pipe in concrete slab

I have a house in the northeast that was built in 1965 and there is probably 3 or 4 areas where about 6ft of heating pipe is in the slab. I have recently encountered a leak in the concrete and I was wondering if it makes sense to try to fix the one area or replace the whole zone loop ? Some say...
  2. Miketinternet

How to diagnose where septic odor is coming from ?

I don't know what you call it but it is a Whirlpool tub with a knob and a stopper that has a long metal rod attached to it that is sort of in a P shape. I pulled the stopper out and it is not a clear shot down the drain, there is a hole where the stopper bar goes in. There isn't an overflow, so...
  3. Miketinternet

The bathroom is 6-8 years old and only recently has the problem. It was properly inspected and permitted so I assume the vent is fine. I get a more faint smell with the fan off, when it is on and the door is closed it is much stronger when done when the tub drains. Not sure of the fan CFM but...
  4. Miketinternet

It appears to be the tub which is the lowest point in the house From what I can tell it is the tub drain. I put a rag into the drain and taped plastic over the knob for the drain to seal it and see if the smell goes away and confirm the problem. The exhaust vent is in the ceiling and runs...
  5. Miketinternet

The house was built in 1965 and the bathroom was remodeled about 6 years ago. The only thing recent was a toilet replacement for a better flushing toilet. The whole job was properly permitted, inspected etc... 6 years ago so I think the venting is fine. The smell is just a recent problem that...
  6. Miketinternet

I have a toilet, sink and tub running left to right in a small bathroom and we are getting a sewer gas smell in the bathroom. It seems like after a tub drains with the exhaust fan on to remove the moisture it is much stronger. The rest of the time it is a faint smell. My first guess was some...
  7. Miketinternet

Flushmate versus Gmax or other method, likelyhood of clogging

Might have the answer, offset flange? I had a plumber come in and check everything out and I think I might have the answer. When they put the bathroom in they used an offset flange which also had two small plastic prongs in the pipe area of the flange. We clipped off the prongs since they could...
  8. Miketinternet

I have kids with no medical issues so I am not sure if that is the issue. They use a new Gerber that I bought upstairs with no problems. It is the basement level toilet/line that is the problem. If they would listen and just went up stairs for the big one it would solve the problem but kids...
  9. Miketinternet

Will a regular model (900 gram Toto) on Terry's ratings list with a higher gram number do better than a flushmate model(American Standard 750 gram) or will flushmate be less likely to clog because it is more power? I have purchased a new toilet in the past year that is not living up to it's...
  10. Miketinternet

Slab house with low pitch to septic - Do I need a pressure assist ?

Not leaking all the time, just occasionally when plunging The toilet flushes most of the time without issues but does clog on the occasional solid that I have to plunge. Sometimes when plunging it will leak a little at the base. I think you might have the answer on the leak at the base. The...
  11. Miketinternet

Toilet flushes fine with #1 all day long, it is just 50/50 on #2 and I thought with a newer toilet like this it would never need plunging so I thought it might be something else.
  12. Miketinternet

It was a low pitch in the plumbers opinion After the toilet went in and the plumber came back to try and fix the leak at the base he said it might be because of a low pitch in his opinion. The first 8 feet or so of this run is new construction that was inspected so I assume that is the correct...
  13. Miketinternet

I have had my slab house for a few years and I have occasional clogging problems with one toilet that is on the first floor. I have been told by a plumber that it is because of the pitch AFTER getting advice from him on a new toilet and finding it doesn't work all the time without a plunger...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks