Search results

1. Estelle

Possible shower pan leak in sunken tub/shower

Thanks for the advice on exhaust fans. I'll ask the electrician about those. I guess the quieter, the better. As for the water table thing -- I doubt the water table is high. We live in an urban area, in a nice neighborhood of custom homes on 1/4 acre each, and our house is nearly at the top...
  2. Estelle

Sorry, no clue about the water table level, and I wouldn't know who to ask. I guess my dilemma is, not knowing how sunken tubs are built, I don't know if there is wood underneath there or not. Do you?
  3. Estelle

As to the water table -- how does one determine that? I have no idea what the water table is for this area, or who would even know that. And what would knowing the water table level tell me about our problem? Our remodel plans are just for this master bath, not the whole house. The white...
  4. Estelle

Well, unfortunately neither I nor my husband are handy at all -- so I doubt we will be doing any repairs on our own. We have tried not using the shower for a week, and it was still wet in that one area by the drain. Didn't run a fan, though. Are you saying that there is some kind of a clear...
  5. Estelle

Thanks for your reply. The shower does seem to dry out. And the floor appears to have a clear slope to the drain. It's just an area around the drain, and mostly at the grout join line behind the drain that connects the tile wall of the shower with the tile floor that seems to be wet all the...
  6. Estelle

I'm afraid there is no "underside" to view. This house was built on a cement slab -- no basement, no crawl space. On the other side of the wall containing the hot and cold knobs and the shower head is the wall to a separate small enclosure space containing the toilet. So we could break...
  7. Estelle

Our tiled master shower has orange discoloration (rust from hard water stain?) on the grout join between the back wall of our Roman sunken shower/tub (we swapped out the drain when we moved in and use it exclusively as a shower now), and the floor of the shower. We have tried drying out the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks