Search results

1. Vaman77

Moen shower temp limiter

I got ya. Let me correct myself;the clip is snug on the valve with the tab sticking out. Since I posted this I thought I'd try something else. I took this sleeve to the other shower and it fits in that valve fine. The sleeve from that shower does not slide on this sleeve. So something must be...
  2. Vaman77

Moen shower temp limiter

I just replaced a cartridge (for the second time) on a moen shower faucet and all that went fine.However I can't get the little chrome sleeve that serves as a temp limiter to slide over the brass clip fitting on top of the cartridge. The clip is not sticking up.It's flush with the cartridge...
  3. Vaman77

Can this window be repaired

Just discovered rain is leaking through this window into the garage below.I have a picture of the rotted rail after I began digging and drilling out the rotted wood. I was thinking of first sealing it and then applying an epoxy filler to repair before calling a pro to replace the rail.Am...
  4. Vaman77

Quality A/C and Heating Brands

Thanks! Most helpful. Any insight on my plenum question?
  5. Vaman77

Thanks for such great insight.Two more questions. Do you think the plenum is an issue? Is the cellulose that much more efficient than fiberglass batts? I have decided that our money would be better spent on insulation rather than a new system but never really considered cellulose until your...
  6. Vaman77

Thanks for all the replies! Most helpful! A question I have about our home and I pose it to every contractor giving a quote. Our home is pretty energy efficient;when it was built in 1993 it received some sort of certification about it's energy efficiency.Since we moved in I've sealed ducts with...
  7. Vaman77

Our central A/C and gas heating systems are the original for our home;now 19 years old. I know they have lasted beyond their life expectancy so I am obtaining quotes from different contractors.My question is what are the better brands and what are the ones to avoid? The first contractor came by...
  8. Vaman77

Garage Door Opener The Saga Continues

I posted earlier about my 2 garage doors failing the safety reversal test and got some good insight from replies but still have questions. As I mentioned one opener is brand new;the other about 15 years old so I conclude the openers are not the problem and that it must be something with the...
  9. Vaman77

Garage Door Opener Spring/Trolley Nut

I'm having this problem with both doors; the one that has the brand new opener and the other has a much older opener. Springs on both doors were replaced at same time. So I conclude it must be the springs. I weighed the door and if I did it right it's around 119 lbs. The springs are yellow which...
  10. Vaman77

Think I replied in the wrong box. Anyway as I posted down below I tightened the springs as much as possible and still the reversal does not work. am I to conclude they are now simply too loose? They are 5 years old. Isn't that kind of soon for this problem?
  11. Vaman77

The trolley nut adjusts the tension between the belt and the trolley;right now its too loose and there is too much slack in the belt. The nut has a slotted nut ring that is held with a screwdriver during installation. Trolley nut is then turned clockwise and then the trolley nut spring is...
  12. Vaman77

Alright I advanced the spring up those 4" and door closes and opens fine but when I test the safety reversal with a block of wood it still doesn't function. So I am concluding the springs must be really loose and they need to be advanced more. Am I correct? thanks
  13. Vaman77

I looked at the spring and to pull it tighter, the next hole is 4" away;springs are currently in the hole farthest away from the door.So I just want to ask if it's OK to adjust them that much. These springs were replaced 5 years ago so that seems kind of soon if they need replacing. thanks
  14. Vaman77

So I disconnected the opener from the door and held the door open about half way. It does not stay open;am having same problem with other door.So I assume the springs are now too loose. These are side mounts Can they be adjusted or have to be replaced?I do by the way have safety cables on them.
  15. Vaman77

I just replaced my older chain drive garage door opener with a new belt drive. It works fine except for one thing.It fails the safety reversal test. It passes the the protector system test so I know the sensors are working. If I adjust the the down force the trolley moves to far and the opener...
  16. Vaman77

Attaching ferrule to plastic tubing

You guys are right. Went to plumbing supply place and bought new ferrule. Guy explained how they get compressed over time. What a difference between the old one(10 years old) and the new one. Problem fixed! thanks
  17. Vaman77

The ferrule I'm using is what the plumber installed 10 years ago. and the tubing is brand new.BTW I posted wrong about the diameter It's 1/8" not 1/4 if that matters. And I've tried reattaching the ferrule to the original tubing after cutting off a bit of it. Tried putting tubing in very hot...
  18. Vaman77

I'm replacing the faucet for our kitchen water filter. There is a 1/4 " line that connects to the house supply. The original line was installed by a plumber so this is my first experience with putting a ferrule on plastic tubing. Can someone tell me the secret? It's very tight which I k now it...
  19. Vaman77

Gas Water Heater-When To replace

I've posted other questions on this regarding my 18 year old bradford white water heater.Some responses indicate I should go ahead and replace it. I understand replacing it if the tank is leaking but if it's not why replace it. If it's no longer heating water then wouldn't that most likely be...
  20. Vaman77

This Old house rust in water

Reminds me of another question. He installed some kind of solenoid to the cold water pipe connected to water alarm. What exactly is that device called and price of it?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks