Search results

1. northofnorth

Tankless recommendation for a replacement

Thank you Dana for your replies. Really helped me! I bought the stuff that I need. Have a great day!
  2. northofnorth

Thank you. I will look into the drainwater heat recovery units that you recommended. I pay less than 500 for each propane fill up. I live 3 hours away from the nearest Home Depot. People who do installation and repair are local individual plumbers. I am stubborn and still want to get the...
  3. northofnorth

Thank you! I checked the prices on drainwater heat recovery units. They're pricey! Thank you for the recommendation. Right now I fill up propane once a year at most twice a year. Might take a long time to get a return of my investment this way. My plumber is not familiar with Takagi . But he's...
  4. northofnorth

Thank you for your reply. The prices are VERY reasonable for Takagi units. It's a big selling point for me. Not to mentioned that it's lighter and smaller. More questions: Newer units need electricity (vs Thermar). Am I looking at a costly wiring cost in association to this? There's an outlet...
  5. northofnorth

How do I find out about this? We do have other things that are using propane. I am very interested in Takagi T-H3-DV-P. Do you have any experience with it? What's Takagi's reputation in general? Thank you !
  6. northofnorth

I figured out yesterday that my old tankless had 100k btu only. I'm not sure about the gpm. Would it be a problem to replace it with 199k btu unit? Do the gas pipe size and distance from gas storage tank matter on this? I don't want to encounter issues down the line related to this. We have a...
  7. northofnorth

Thank you Dana for the reply. I greatly appreciate the information and recommendation provided. I will discuss the recommended water heaters with my plumber.
  8. northofnorth

My old Thermar tankless water heater gave out recently and I'm looking for a replacement. Location is North MN with ground water temp under 40 degrees most days possibly colder during long winter months. One shower, no tub, 4 people household. I'm looking for min 9gpm or higher, 199k btu, gas...
  9. northofnorth

Is this a bad clog or what?!!

Hi, This is my very first post. I got frustrated with my kitchen drain situation and decided to look for infos on the internet. Then I found this forum. A few days ago the water in the kitchen sink stopped flowing. It just stood still for hours. My husband then took out the goose neck and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks