Search results

1. Ladiesman217

Aquastar 170 way too hot!

Aquastar service bulletins. https://www.bosch-climate.us/bosch-hot-water/aquastar-service-bulletins/vp-series-bulletins.html
  2. Ladiesman217

Aquastar 170 way too hot!

I own an Aquastar 125vp. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/elm-aquastar-125vp-ng-tankless.73861/ The thermostat probe modulates the burners as the water temperature varies. https://www.bosch-climate.us/files/201109161831010.TWH-V-04_Checking_the_tstat.pdf If the thermostat is...
  3. Ladiesman217

Jog drain around medicine cabinet?

I like to do things the easy way. I would install a nice looking surface mount medicine cabinet and call it a day.
  4. Ladiesman217

McPherson Up Flush toilet repair

I just finished up putting everything back together.
  5. Ladiesman217

Another picture.
  6. Ladiesman217

The valve controller prototype is finished and working. The fill valve is set to open two seconds before the evacuate / jet flush valve. After that initial time delay, both valves are fully open until the total operation time has been reached. The total operation time is set for about 23...
  7. Ladiesman217

I finished assembling the prototype water valve control box assembly. The design and assembly of the control box took way more time than I expected, but I did get it done. Having special parts shipped from China also slowed things down. After connecting the two water valves to the control...
  8. Ladiesman217

I got the basic idea from here: https://www.bobvila.com/posts/57775-mcpherson-flush-up-toilets?page=1 Playing around with the water valves, it looks like the fill valve must operate simultaneously with the evacuate valve. The evacuate valve requires about a five second delay before it turns...
  9. Ladiesman217

A few pictures.
  10. Ladiesman217

I have an old McPherson upflush toilet. The rubber in the flush valve has failed. McPherson is out of business with no spare parts available for repair from any source. I made up an electronically controlled fill and flush valve assembly to make the McPherson upflush toilet operational again...
  11. Ladiesman217

American Standard Tract Line Tub & Shower valve identification

Purchased a new American Standard tub spout. Matches my 4 3/8" long extension pipe as well as the new valve repair kit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN7UFI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  12. Ladiesman217

Bathroom vanity and sink

I have a question on bathroom sinks. Is an overflow hole required in a bathroom sink by code? Some sinks have the overflow hole, and some do not. This is the basic vanity design that will fit in my room. I need the euro design in order to clear the swing of the door. Also, what is the...
  13. Ladiesman217

My brand new toilet keeps leaking

That black part looks suspect to me. What is the drain pipe made of? Cast iron or plastic? What is that black ring on the drain? Plastic or metal? Is it easily removed? I would try to clean that up that area as a starting point. The next time you pull the toilet take a picture of the...
  14. Ladiesman217

Plumbing in Kitchen Sink Base Cabinet

It gets cold in Illinois. No water pipes in outside walls.
  15. Ladiesman217

Plumbing in Kitchen Sink Base Cabinet

That is the way my pipes run. In my house I had access to the hot and cold pipes from the basement. I cut the pipes off down below in the basement and temporarily capped them in order to get the base cabinet in. Then I installed new pipe extensions after the cabinet was in place. Can you...
  16. Ladiesman217

Trap arm from P trap damaged, stuck in drain pipe

Remove what is easy to remove, and work from there. Going back to the white part of the drain is good if you can get that extension out.
  17. Ladiesman217

Trap arm from P trap damaged, stuck in drain pipe

It takes much less time and effort to fix things properly than it does to screw around with damaged items. I bought a replacement metal p trap at Lowes last year when I installed a new sink and vanity. Fix it right and fix it once. Simply remove everything and replace with new. As a new...
  18. Ladiesman217

I found another American Standard Tract Line rebuild kit. All the rebuild kit descriptions varied just enough so that they could not easily be found by an internet search. This search term that I used for this search: American Standard three handle bath and shower repair kit...
  19. Ladiesman217

American Standard is correct. That was a great starting point to search for the correct replacement hardware. Going back to the first post, it is now clear that the TL stamp on the trim means Tract Line.
  20. Ladiesman217

Doing an internet search for tract line instead of trac line I came up with the Lasco version. Tract Line is the correct description. American Standard rebuild kits are available in Colony, Heritage, Renu, and Tract Line. Both 2 and 3 handle versions are available. These rebuild kits are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks