Search results

1. R

Outside vent/cleanout, Distance from house

Hello Gentlemen; I am in the process of putting a 24' square pad behind the house. Currently, there is only a 3' concrete walkway adjacent to the house. The vent/cleanout for the MDV is next to the walkway only 3' feet away from the house. Question: Can I move that Main Drain...
  2. R

Hot Water Tank Vent Rise

OK, I wish I would have found you guys prior to the purchase, but that was what Lowe's carries and I needed to buy it on a Saturday afternoon! The basis for the complaint against this item is basically the blocked intake right? As long as I keep the intake clean I should be good. It came...
  3. R

Hot Water Tank Vent Rise

Thanks 1. I tried that last night with wood stick matches. Smoke did not draft into the cap or blow away from in, just floated up. When I moved the match inside the perimeter of the cap it shot up the vent. It was cold here last night, low 40's. I'm thinking I got it right but just...
  4. R

Hot Water Tank Vent Rise

Hi Guys! First Post! The name is Dave and I need some advice. Just replaced the Hot Water Heater in my residence, SW PA. New tank is Whirlpool, Natural Gas, LoNox, Flameloc, 40 gal, 62" tall. I vent out of the vent cap with an immediate 3" 90 degree elbow with 5' of horizontal pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks