Search results

1. Ken Tannenbaum1

Condensate pump drain

This is related. I have a 70pt with a vertical auto pump to remove water to a basement window. The pump crapped out and every indication is the residential models with pumps are all similar, the pumps fail within a short time. There's also a regular sump in the basement but I'd need a ton of...
  2. Ken Tannenbaum1

Flushed water tank, all things good, except both toilets now flush with extra symphony

So you all know, the air is gone from the lines. Multie flushes did the trick. Again, thank you.
  3. Ken Tannenbaum1

Flushed water tank, all things good, except both toilets now flush with extra symphony

A DYI-er? Funny thing about that. I have a lot. Without the skills I’ve developed there’s no way I could. Thanks.
  4. Ken Tannenbaum1

Could be, but it's just that there's no spitting or gurgling anywhere else in the house, just all three toilets.
  5. Ken Tannenbaum1

After flushing the hot water tank, all sinks, showers are fine, no spitting. However, both toilets flush normally but on refill somethings not right, some kind of venting issue with the toilet on both floors. Thanks for any advice.
  6. Ken Tannenbaum1

Oil tank code violation

Thanks to any and all who responded to this. The upshot is that (short version) a pinhole leak above our 30 yr old boiler knocked out the electronics. We were due for a new boiler and pushed that up...it was replaced two weeks ago. The issue of the oil tank came up and after 8 years of doing...
  7. Ken Tannenbaum1

Calcium buildup on copper fitting at cold water inlet to water heater.

Hey, thanks. I more or less figured that out. Appreciate it!
  8. Ken Tannenbaum1

Calcium buildup on copper fitting at cold water inlet to water heater.

Our hot water heater is four years old and defintely due for a draining which I intend to handle tomorrow. However. I discovered a calcium deposit at the copper valve controlling cold water entering the heater. I thought that calcium buildup would come after the heater, not before. DIYer that...
  9. Ken Tannenbaum1

Oil tank code violation

They are expert, no question about that, Big business as I said. I just wanted to get a read from anyone who may have a valid opinion and you sure seem to...so thanks. Sadly, I asked them about it and was rudely ignored. Now, the fact that the code officer will come by after the new oil...
  10. Ken Tannenbaum1

Oil tank code violation

My oil delivery service company replaced an our old tank in 2014 and a few years later a mainenance guy said the vent was improperly inverted and told me it would be fine long as the tank isn't overfilled. It's been that way until now with no problem. But now the very old combi-boiler will be...
  11. Ken Tannenbaum1

Whole house transfer switch mounted behind common wall

Hey, thanks Wayne. All you asked is true. For unrelated reasons, we may not do it right now after all.
  12. Ken Tannenbaum1

Whole house transfer switch mounted behind common wall

Our electric panel's in a tight spot but the wall it's mounted on is clear on the other side. Can I mount a whole house generator transfer switch behind it with the back side of each box facing each other?
  13. Ken Tannenbaum1

Just learned our basement oil tank is not-to-code, installed 2014

Unfortunately, it's bedrock under the tank, so digging down, while possible, that's not going to happen. As for the town code, you may be right but I suspect this was done without a permit. An inspector has always showed up to check the work and I don't recall that happening in 2014 when it was...
  14. Ken Tannenbaum1

That's pretty funny....too bad the situations not. Anyway, I believe the companies merged, don't think it was a bankruptcy. Anyway, I'll forge on. One good thing (I hope) is that one of the guys I spoke to is on the inside, worked for both companies...he's trying to make a dent for me, find...
  15. Ken Tannenbaum1

Thanks, good call. In this case, there's no question in my mkind that although one company was merged the smaller into the other, but even independently, they each had a big share of the work here.
  16. Ken Tannenbaum1

Our Combi-boiler works but is ancient. A reputable guy came in to quote a replacement and he told me they won't touch it because the basement oil tank (installed 2014) is too close to where the new boiler would go AND that the tank's vent pipe is incorrectly done. So I'm stuck with no one...
  17. Ken Tannenbaum1

6x6 post attached to bedrock

The Simpson product is black for decorative surface mount and very expensive, $38. It's got a center hole I'm using a 5/8 expanding bolt for and I just deciced to drill aan offset 3/8 hole for a additional expansion bolt to keep it steady. We'll see...I'm doing the best I can with what I have...
  18. Ken Tannenbaum1

6x6 post attached to bedrock

I've got shallow ground here, 10" to bedrock. I want to hang a 10ft gate on a 6" diameter post that I'm attachiung to the rock with a Simpson cleat made for that size. The single 5" bolt into the rock is holding well but I want to secure the cleat further and prevent it from turning at all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks