Search results

1. chris24

Modcon with IHW Tweaking

Been getting used to my new Modulating Condensing boiler for a week. Still not sure it is set up right. The system is as such... Burnham Alpine 80 MBH 5:1 turndown w/ Taco 010 Boiler pump Triangle Tube Smart 40 Tank-in-tank Indirect Hot Water (36gal DHW under 6gal boiler H2O) Taco SR503...
  2. chris24

Consequences of removing basement heat exchangers on a FHW system?

I'm new here so take what I say with a grain of salt and wait for some other replies. I agree with jadnashua and not disassemble anything yet. Since this is a new house you might not be completely familiar with your system. It could be as simple as a flow issue. Assuming your pipes aren't...
  3. chris24

modcon or not ?

That Pheonix unit looks nice and simple, I just can't seem to find a price anywhere for comparison to see if it falls into my budget. I think I will go with the USB Alpine80 & TT Smart 40 IDHW combination. Still not sure if it is worth the price and effort to zone out the upstairs seperately...
  4. chris24

modcon or not ?

Still trying to stay on the green side Another scenario I am considering. Assume I forego zoning which was suggested to allieviate the upstairs from going cold when I build a fire in the living room (2-4/mnth). The upstairs and downstairs convecting loops otherwise seem to be well balanced. On...
  5. chris24

modcon or not ?

Back on the modcon side I've been leaning towards the modcons and have made my decision to go this way. Thanks for helping me fall on the correct side. Now I need to talk my contractor into the "correct" size, the smaller one. He keeps saying the output should be closer to the needs of the IDHW...
  6. chris24

modcon or not ?

On the Fence Still can't decide if mod/con is worth it even with the $1500 t-credit after install. I'm replacing a way-oversized 173Kbtu Crown OF boiler with tankless DHW with a gas unit and am still shoping around. Most contractors are pushing the hi-eff units but after reviewing alot of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks