Search results

1. Mindz i

Wires too short to reach new load center.

Alright, I've gotten tired of this box... so, I lit it on fire. I feel better now. :) Smells a little funny though.
  2. Mindz i

I would, but he really doesn't seem like he's interested in answering questions. I think he's just skimming through the email, causing him to not comprehend what's being asked. Why else would he constantly say to upgrade the panel to a 200 amp service if I've repeatedly established that that's...
  3. Mindz i

Alright, it's no go on the old box being used as a junction box. I decided to email the Chief Electrical Inspector one more time to make sure I properly explained what I was wanting to do. He said he wouldn't approve of a gutted load center as a junction box. But, he keeps stating that I need to...
  4. Mindz i

Here's an example on the net I found, that shows what I had happen to my main breaker the last time.
  5. Mindz i

There are four wires coming from the house (ground = black with green tape) and the shed (ground = green wire). Three from the A.C. I'm not sure what you mean by ecg? Are you talking about the ground to earth? As far as I can see, there is a ground wire going from the meter down the inside of...
  6. Mindz i

I've replaced the breakers about three years ago. They cost more than all the parts to install a new 200 amp load center. I didn't replace the bus bar or put on any paste. That was were I messed up. The current box was installed in 1983, along with the home. The breakers were replaced by my...
  7. Mindz i

We talked to the POCO and they said the meter is already 200 amps and putting in a 200 amp box was fine. They upgraded the meters, some years back, to the digital ones. The current load center is way too small to gut and upgrade. GE sells a 125 amp outdoor lug box. They have a conversion kit...
  8. Mindz i

We couldn't now, given the condition of the current load center, use it to test how many amps we are pulling on average. We have tripped the 100 amp breaker several times over the years. If we run the washer, dryer, hotwater heater, dishwasher, A.C., 3 computers, Tv, fridge and several other...
  9. Mindz i

The A.C. does state a 30 amp minimum. But a 50 amp maximum. We were going with 50 amps to play it on the safe side. Currently, we have a 40 amp breaker for the A.C. Most of the homes around here are upgrading to 200 amps. The Chief Electrical Inspector, if I understood him correctly, suggests...
  10. Mindz i

The home has three 2awg aluminum wire going into the current load center. Two of them connect into the top of the hot bus bar and one into the neutral bus bar. A forth aluminum conductor, which is the ground or common, goes into the neutral bus bar from the house, as well. I'm not certain yet...
  11. Mindz i

I live in a mobile home and have a Zinco load center that's going on the fritz. It's currently 100 amps. I figure I might as well put in a 200 amp box since our house is 100, our shed is 50 and our a.c. is 50. The new box I'm looking at is 28.7 in tall. This will put it too close to the ground...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks