Search results

1. F

Well Pump intermittently stops, buzzes, then starts working again

I have to agree that something is 'up', replacing the pump the first time was fair enough, in all honesty at the time I had no idea how long the original had been there (I only found out recently it had only been there 2-3 years to begin with) and now replacing the pump AGAIN after just another...
  2. F

Ok, well, I finally found a replacement capacitor on the Sunday after Christmas, fitted it, and... nada... I broke down and paid out for a new pump (mainly because we're expecting freezing temps again over the next few nights and NEED to get water moving through the system, not to mentino I'm...
  3. F

So at this point, it's the starter or capacitor of the pump I can only presume from what you've told me, and if I can hear it trying it seems to make sense that whatever 'starts' it (I have to use the analogy of a car engine and the starter motor) has failed, hence the buzzing of it trying...
  4. F

single set of points? I see two pieces of what looks like copper overlapped at one end, is this what you mean? Edit: Assuming that's what you meant, no joy... I cleaned between the two points, stood back, held my breath as I switched the power on, and nada... It's not feeling Christmassy...
  5. F

Well I took the pressure switch and where it coupled to the power apart and finally found a wire that had either burned or been chewed through, the plug outlet for the bleach pump for the water softener system was also mostly shot so I replaced the whole kit 'n' kaboodle, wiring, pressure...
  6. F

So, just to make sure I understand, it could be the well is dry? Or rather, drying up? Or rather than 'dry', is it that the well level is low, below or close to the bottom, of the feed pipe? Obviously this is not good for the pump, as it will occasionally get too hot and shut down... But...
  7. F

Over the last couple of days I have been noticing an issue with our above ground well pump, in that sometimes the water will die in the house completely, upon going out to the well pump I can hear a buzzing coming from the pump intermittently like the pump is trying to click on but doesn't start...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks