Search results

1. Button

Shower Door on Unlevel Bathtub

I'd like to install a sliding shower door on my bathtub. I've installed a few before but this tub is not close to being level. It slopes to the drain end about 3/4" over 4'. I fear that if I install it with the same slope the doors will not stay closed. If I install it with the header level...
  2. Button

Main Drain Problems

looks like that fixed it. Township said they cleared the drain and flow is normal now. Everything drains normally and no sewage backing into my lines.
  3. Button

Main Drain Problems

I actually had to run 3 garden hoses to reverse the flow then just 2 hoses once the level was down. One of them froze up overnight and the level was close to the top of the shower drain this morning until I got the 2nd one flowing. Seemed to rise at peak usage times, 7-8am, 5-6 pm. The...
  4. Button

Main Drain Problems

Yes, I'm positive there is no water being used. I shut off the main supply to rule that out.
  5. Button

Main Drain Problems

Thanks for the advice, no damage so far. And no, I didn't siphon the old fashioned way. I filled the hose up with water and held both ends up while I took it outside and stuck one end into the outside vent/trap after removing the cover, then uncoiled the hose as I walked 50' or so downhill...
  6. Button

Main Drain Problems

Wow...sewage started rising again so I started siphoning with hose to keep it from getting in the house. I tried calling the township but no one there at night. I guess I wait until tomorrow morning. Luckily there are no houses behind me and my property is on a hill, sewage will have to run...
  7. Button

Main Drain Problems

Thanks, that makes sense. I know my basement shower is lower than the neighbors on either side by at least a few feet. What would cause the city sewer to back up and what can they do to stop it?
  8. Button

Main Drain Problems

I haven't talked to the nieghbors but it does sound like its backing up from the city sewer. No rain in the past 5 days or so. Who is responsible for getting the city to look at it? Should I contact them or should my plumber do it?
  9. Button

Main Drain Problems

I already called a plumber to look into this but wonder what would cause my problem. I have a split level house with bathroom on 1st floor and one in the basement. I noticed the 1st floor toilet started draining slower than usual a few days ago. Then I noticed a sewage smell in the basement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks