Search results

1. A

To Vent Or Not To Vent...

I would like to know which of the following 2 alternatives has a better chance of working. I have a 6x5 1st floor closet that I want to put a toilet and a sink in to make into a powder room. I have hot and cold water directly underneath. My only issue is the drain/stack. At 9’6†from...
  2. A

Standard 3W and 4W switches co-existing with master/remote dimmers

jimbo: Thanks for the info on the link. I'll wait to see if jwelectric wants them. I will indeed be the benefactee (if that's a word) if I can prove that there's a market for the technology, but I don't think of it as equivalent to what WordStar or VisiCalc were to the PC revolution. The...
  3. A

jwelectric: I'm not sure if I'm I'm allowed to post links in here but if I am and you're interested, I will post the links to the manufacturer's sites describing their offerings. Your needle and thread analogy suggests that there are too many uses of the technology to list. I'm not asking for...
  4. A

Let me respond to the 3 previous posts: jimbo: Well put! I indeed have a solution in search of a problem. hj: there are never 2 dimmers in a circuit for the reasons that you mention. there are master dimmers, the device responsible for the actual load limiting function (the dimming) and...
  5. A

A question for the electrical professionals. If there were a master/slave switch (dimmer, pilot-light, timer, motion sensor, photo sensor, etc.) that used conventional wiring for 3W and 4W switches i.e. wired like a standard 3W and 4W switch, and any number of standard 3W and 4W switches could...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks