Search results

1. technogirl74

50/50 solder

Searched forum and couldnt find anything about it. My question is would you use 50/50 solder instead of 95/5 for plumbing water lines. Friend is throwing out a couple of rolls and asked if I wanted it. As I'm not to familiar with 50/50, ive used 95/5. What are the benefits if any of using...
  2. technogirl74

Propane boiler in basement?

Thanks.. We've got to rethink this..
  3. technogirl74

Do Wall hung propane boilers fall under this requirment too?
  4. technogirl74

Was hoping you guys can answer some questions. Quick background: Looking to replace our old oil boiler with a new boiler. We really want natural gas but its not on our street yet. We are being told it may happen in the future so we were thinking of buying the boiler but converting it to...
  5. technogirl74

Using aquapex instead of hePex

Can I use Uponor aquapex for a zone instead of using hePex?
  6. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

Ballvalve, I didnt ask if my boiler was oversized or if I should have used a water heater. My question was about the size of the wire and breaker. I thank you for the response but JW and SpeedyPetey answered my question. Thank you to all who responded!!
  7. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

YEP, Cause that answered my orginal question!!;)
  8. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

Actually in the new house we plan on using radiant for the flooring. Sometimes you gotta know the whole story, but there isnt eough space to write the whole story. thanks JW and Speedy petey for the help. We're gonna go with HVAC contractor and use the 2/0 and 125 amp breaker.
  9. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

JW, Its actually an HVAC contractor that will be doing the install. Here he is allowed to do the electrical as well. We discussed permits and I talked to the town and they said that I do not need one. (Yippee) I priced 2/0 as opposed to 1/0 and for a few additional dollars I will be going...
  10. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

Thanks for all the answers guys. Spent the better part of yeaterday talking to some contractors to instal as well as Slant Fin technical assistance. The boiler fully running draws 93amps with the circulator included. The elements are modulated to come on as needed. The boiler has an outdoor...
  11. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

Ballvalve, Can you send me a diagram of what you have. I've heard about using electric water heaters but read that the recovery rate is not so good.
  12. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

Thanks for the replies guys. The boiler is to replace a propane fangled mess we have right now. We need something to get us through the year and something that will be able to handle the "new" home we plan to build in the future. In that home we are going to go with a new propane boiler but...
  13. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

JW, Not exactly following you on your post. This much I know. The 200 amp service to the house is for a future home we plan to build. Right now the bungalo has 2 bedrooms, a kitchen/bath and small open room. Stove is on propane. Only lights and a small fridge. Hot water is from a 30 gal...
  14. technogirl74

Boiler expansion tank size

Thank you.
  15. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

We had the service redone after the tropical stroms that ripped through. 200 amp service. We are going with the electric boiler as we can get one for a really really good price. JW Electric, were not asking how to do it but do you forsee any problems with going with #2 romex / SER cable...
  16. technogirl74

Boiler expansion tank size

Husband and I are planning a new boiler install (seperate thread) but have a question regarding expansion tanks. right now on our boiler is what looks like a #30 extrol expansion tank. (Its leaking bad). We need to keep it going until our new boiler is installed. Does it have to be replaced...
  17. technogirl74

Electrical Boiler

We are in upstate NY where electricity is cheap. We are planning to change out the boiler in our bungalo and have choosen to go with an electric boiler. This way we can remove the dilapitated chimney and simplify installation. The boiler we are leaning to is a Slant Fin Monitron EH24M2...
  18. technogirl74

Burnham V84 boiler

I just bought a small house that has Burnham V84 boiler installed. It feeds a regular baseboard heat loop and a radiant floor loop. The hot water is from an electric water heater. I had the boiler serviced and the technician could not answer my question so I called Burnham directly and they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks