Search results

1. aGrandma

Mr. Rooter "Waste King" brand garbage disposal is frozen

ha ha ha - Yeah, I could see the brand was Waste King after I took the photo and could see it on my computer screen. In any case, there is no hole to put an allen wrench in! Honestly my friend works for Mr. Rooter and he saw the unit, and he mentioned that Mr. Rooter sold those garbage disposals...
  2. aGrandma

I took photos of the side and the bottom of this garbage disposal. See, there is no place to put the allen wrench tool. So the brand is "waste king" but Mr. Rooter sold it. But I WAS able to dislodge the stuck unit. I tried a plunger stick first and BROKE IT. Then I tried using the handle of a...
  3. aGrandma

I have a Mr. Rooter brand garbage disposal that is frozen. I can hear a hum sound when the switch is on, but nothing is turning. I got my tool to stick into the bottom of it to unfreeze it, but on this particular brand of garbage disposal, there is no hole there! In fact I can't find anywhere on...
  4. aGrandma

Electric water heater stand question

I live in Sacramento, CA and need to replace an electric water heater that's in the garage. The stand the old one is on is wooden and it got wet and is rotten. Since it's electric, do I need to replace it with another wooden one, or can I buy steel or aluminum/metal one? I wonder if having metal...
  5. aGrandma

Electric hot water heater not working - repair or replace? Help!

Do you have a ballpark guess as to how much a thermostat costs? and a heating element?
  6. aGrandma

Electric hot water heater not working - repair or replace? Help!

I'm buying a (foreclosed) home and the electric water heater does not work. I had a plumber friend look at it. The supply line was leaking at the top of the tank due to over-tightening. He replaced both supply lines, and the ball valve, and turned on power at the breaker box. There was ice-cold...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks