Search results

1. Mooch91

Softener discharge air gap spraying

Thanks for the link. I believe the air gap I have installed is the ET115 listed on the page linked.
  2. Mooch91

Softener discharge air gap spraying

Hi all, Have what I thought was a fairly conventional air gap on the discharge of my Kinetico water softener. It has sprayed and dripped a slight amount for the last 10 years. Was no problem when the basement was unfinished to have a 5 gallon bucket underneath it to catch any drips. We are...
  3. Mooch91

Kinetico - who REALLY knows these systems?

Is there anyone who REALLY knows a Kinetico system that can help? I've had a problem with my 2060S that has come and gone multiple times over the past 5 years. With the disc at the 6:00 position, it will sometimes drip to drain. I'll hear it dripping when I come in the basement, advance it...
  4. Mooch91

Dripping pressure relief valve

Yes, this is the type of valve I have. They never "lift" per se - I never get a significant discharge. Just a slight drip that starts over time.
  5. Mooch91

Dripping pressure relief valve

All: 40/60 well pump setup, confirmed pressures with multiple gauges. I have installed a 75 psi PRV on the system. My problem is that at least once every couple of years it starts dripping from the valve. Thankfully it's easy to replace, but this time around I only got about 8 months from...
  6. Mooch91

Strange hot-cold crossover situation

The only thing I can think of is that the hot water is some how bleeding back in to the cold supply when it shuts down and flowing to high points in the plumbing. I wasn't sure if the pressure regulator in-line could be contributing in that it prevents the backflow in to the well pressure tank...
  7. Mooch91

No, should not be (I would probably have a freezing issue in the winter here in PA!). It's all on interior walls, coming up through the basement. I believe I've experienced it during the cooler months as well.
  8. Mooch91

No this is not a recirc system. I'll get the model number of the heater when I get home.
  9. Mooch91

All, I have an 8-year-old home with a 4-year-old Navien tankless water heater. Plumbing is CPVC throughout the house. Water supply is a well, with a 45 psi pressure regulator downstream of the well expansion tank (to help temperature swings with the water heater). Water heater is set to 130...
  10. Mooch91

Kinetico Question

Scott- Some of my experience with the same unit: Mine would not draw brine and would not backflow, primarily when regenerating one of the two resin tanks. I broke it apart 6 times, cleaned every orifice and passage, and couldn't get it fixed. Everything looked pristine, including every...
  11. Mooch91

Kinetico experts - water leaking to drain

Are there any Kinetico experts at this site? I've been having trouble finding expertise online. Seems Kinetico operation and repair is one of the world's most guarded secrets... Anyway, having an issue with a Mach 2060S that leaks to drain. It only does this when it finishes the regen on one...
  12. Mooch91

Air from faucets after softener install

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. I had to drain down the water heater to replace the drain valve a couple of days ago; I also took the time to try to flush it as much as possible (looking in through the drain opening, there was a lot of deposits within). The "knocking" sound from the water...
  13. Mooch91

I've done one regeneration since the install, no real change to the "air" from the piping. I did drain down much of my system and might have moved some air to the WH, but I would have imagined it would have moved out by now...
  14. Mooch91

All, Have a well system, just installed a new softener. I don't believe there were any errors in my install. Since the water softener was installed, I've been noticing some short burts of "air" from my faucets, primarily from the hot water. Nothing significant, just different from what I...
  15. Mooch91

Where is the best place to get water hardness tested?

Where is the best place to get my water hardness tested? I've got some few-year old tests from when my well was tested, one at 180 mg/L, the other at 242 mg/L. I'm looking for a quick-and-dirty test; didn't want to have the battery of tests done on the well. I've used the larger number to...
  16. Mooch91

Please check my installation on well system...

You don't give me enough credit, but I have them on a time basis - changed out once a month. The sediment in the irrigation filter doesn't accumulate on the mesh so I drain that as I see it build. Being able to measure delta P would be nice, but not something I considered when I installed the...
  17. Mooch91

How about a spin-down sediment filter instead? http://www.iaqsource.com/product.php?p=rusco_1-60-f&product=176287&category=2723 My drawing doesn't show it, but I have one of these on the irrigation line. The screen stays clean but by the end of the watering season, I've got a nice pack of...
  18. Mooch91

These are 10" housings. I installed two in parallel to give me some more capacity and minimize pressure drop. I've been in the house less than 10 of the 25 years the well pump has been in the ground so I don't know what it was like new. Grew up in a house with city water that always seemed...
  19. Mooch91

"Crap" is big particles and sediment. The filters go fully brown within about a day of being changed. I've never run without them, but I would imagine this is stuff that would be clogging up my fixtures pretty good if it were allowed to go through.
  20. Mooch91

Switch is actually before the first shutoff valve in the system, not at the tank itself. That first valve is my main shutoff. Those filters draw out a lot of crap so something will be needed in the line.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks