Search results

1. Trouthead

Quality toilet seat?

I have used slow close Kohlers for years. Never an issue.
  2. Trouthead

Variable pressure from cistern system

Never heard of a cycle stop valve, but will ask my plumber about it. The funny thing is that my system has been untouched and trouble free for at least 6 years, and never had these pressure and volume fluctuations. Thanks for the info.
  3. Trouthead

Variable pressure from cistern system

Have a full house cistern with a submersed pump in the bottom of the 3500 gal tank. In the crawl space is a pressure tank with a rubber air bladder and a pressure switch. When I turn on the water it will run normally till (I guess) the tanks water is drawn down (about 5 gallons worth) then it...
  4. Trouthead

Best Toilet for Large BMs

Nice. 340 block or 383?
  5. Trouthead

Best Toilet for Large BMs

Tim427 are you sitting in a Cobra?
  6. Trouthead

First Fail to Flush

Could be time to move the plunger to the garage. I hope.
  7. Trouthead

OLD Delta Tub Spout Divertor Replacement

It was a male adapter. There is a Delta spout adapter that has a set screw that is an extra cost item. Sweating was the way to go as the sweat adapter comes included.
  8. Trouthead

That is what I had hoped for. But.... the 1/2 inch pipe that stuck out of the tub wall was 3 inches. At the end of that 1/2 inch copper pipe was a copper threaded fitting. It did match up with the plastic threads on the end of the new spout, but it would have made the spout stick out a...
  9. Trouthead

More than a five minute job. The threaded fitting had to be sweated off, easy. The copper pipe did not need to be cut, good because my pipe cutter's cutting wheel looks pretty dull. The adapter needed to be sweated on. It took longer to look for my lead free solder, (no wheres to be found)...
  10. Trouthead

First Fail to Flush

Installed a Toto Ultramax II in August. Have not had a single fail to flush until today. Used it in the proper manner and forgot to flush it. Came back a couple hours later for a stand up job and it was waiting for me. Hit the lever and not much happened. Waited for a full flush tower...
  11. Trouthead

By hand I couldn't get this spout to move. With a big set of channel locks no problem. Inside was what appears to be the original Delta threaded adapter sweated onto the stub of the pipe. Looks like a run to the hardware store for a new Delta spout this week and a five minute job. More worry...
  12. Trouthead

Simple job or so I thought it should be. Delta tub spout with the pull up shower divertor. Circa 1980. So pushing 40 years old. Has the hole under the spout that should have set screw of some type inside. No sign of any set screw, either allen or slotted. Used a flashlight and mirror and I...
  13. Trouthead

Closet bolts

Need to install 2 used toilets in a rental. The rentals toilets have cracked lids, round bowls and worn out flappers and valves. The used units have name brand internals and good flappers. Just curious is there any point of getting 5/16" closet bolts over 1/4" bolts. I will be using solid...
  14. Trouthead

Why are TOTO tank lids so different/weird?

I have a radio on the Ultramax and it has rubber feet so I think I am safe. It is my only Toto complaint.
  15. Trouthead

Why are TOTO tank lids so different/weird?

I have two Totos, an Aimes and a UltramaxII. Both are working fine, and only once in a while need an extra flush or the handle held down longer. The extra height was a life saver with my wife's new total knee joint replacement. I knew when I bought them that the tank tops are "different" than...
  16. Trouthead

TOTO Unifit install

The install took 34 minutes. Went smooth. Floor was just about perfectly flat and there is no rock and roll. This UniFit system might take about 5 minutes longer than a regular toilet. All the hints were very helpful. Thanks.
  17. Trouthead

TOTO Unifit install

By the way the company does not want it shipped back unless I insist. It will be a pain to get it all back in the box, as lots of foam was sprayed.
  18. Trouthead

TOTO Unifit install

My rough in is 12 inch and my flooring is vinyl over wooden subfloor, so drilling and screwing is not an issue.
  19. Trouthead

TOTO Unifit install

Curious. I ordered a MS604114CEFG#12. The Packing slip says Toto Ultramax II one pc toilet, Cefiontect Graze. What was shipped is clearly an AIMES. I assume from the list price I got a more expensive toilet, and my wife says it looks fine to her. She is a big paper user that I inquired...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks