Search results

1. Tom Sawyer

An excerpt from my buddy Dan Holohan on low water cut off's

A friend of mine who happens to be a contractor went out to look at a hot water boiler that was causing its owner a problem a few years back. It seems the flame had chewed through the back of this steel boiler and was licking up the side of the jacket. There was no water in that boiler and yet...
  2. Tom Sawyer

One for us old timers

Dragged this out of my barn a couple weeks ago. Good times, good times....lol
  3. Tom Sawyer

Natural gas prices on the rise as fuel oil prices go steadily lower.

Pipeline bottlenecks that drove up natural gas home heating prices in New England last winter could cause trouble when the weather again turns cold, but oil prices that once climbed to record territory continue to fall. That unusual sequence of events - higher prices for natural gas prices...
  4. Tom Sawyer

On the horizon -

There is a major manufacturer of water filtration equipment that is just about ready to unveil a saltless water softener. Now we have seen varients along this idea for quite some time. Some work, some work a little and most are pure scams but this one's a bit different. From what I understand...
  5. Tom Sawyer

Review of the new...Fleck 5800 valve

In the coming days, weeks I will be reviewing the new Fleck 5800 Valve. Stay tuned
  6. Tom Sawyer

Dead or Deported?

Has anyone found Ian yet?
  7. Tom Sawyer

Skills USA

So I don't know how many of you guys know what the Skills USA organization is or does but essentially what it is, is a student organization dedicated to promoting personal growth and leadership qualities in todays youth. The primary focus is on high school kids that are enrolled in trades...
  8. Tom Sawyer

Efficiency

We talk about salt efficiency and water efficiency a lot on this forum. Nobody wants to spend more money than they have too, or negatively impact the environment either. In many areas of the country water use and conservation are big issues. Still, hard water is difficult to live with for a...
  9. Tom Sawyer

14 Trillion dollar debt

14 trillion is not a real number. If you gathered all the hard cash in the world, not just ours but everybody's you cound not come up with 14 trillion dollars. 14 trillion is not a real number, it is a political concept.
  10. Tom Sawyer

Non Issues

There are a whole bunch of them really but I think I will pick on one just for the fun of it. I used to call myself a conservative repulican but honestly, I don't think there is any such thing, well at least not as packaged by the current spate of talk show hosts, tea party representatives and...
  11. Tom Sawyer

Flat Vent

I would like to clear up some confusion here regarding the practice of flat venting. I fully realize that in some states it is perfectly legal and acceptable to inspectors. I want to show you why it should not be though, and that just because a thing can be done it is not always the best...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks