Search results

1. J

Taco Check Valve Chatter

Low Flow If not air, check valve will chatter if the flow through them is too low. Could something have changed so that the flow decreased in this zone? Maybe you can put in a 3/4" check valve and this may help.
  2. J

Heat Exchanger using Laundry drain water

These waste heat coils are used a lot where I am from, NYC, to grab the heat from hot condensate where it is not returned (district heating use). Basically you have a simple coil or tubes in the collection tank. Many companies make tank coils pre-made (all of the major heat exchanger...
  3. J

Non contact thermometers

Most non-contacts us IR radiation to measure temperature, and rely on the emissivity of an object to emit these IR waves. So that a black object will show a higher temperature than a shiny object. So when you point your device into a pan filled with water or oil, it tries to read the temp of...
  4. J

Bathroom Fan Ventilation

Try this? I was going to say to move south or take cold showers.... I think you are working against physics, and even plastic may get cold and condense the humid air in the bathroom. How about turning on the fan some minutes before turning on the water for a shower, this may heat up the...
  5. J

Hot Water Heat in Tall House

Thanks Furd, this is what I thought. Wondering if the 26 psig working pressure is too close to my 30 psig relief, and if the MAWP is high enough in my boiler, I should change the relief. OR just operate at 26 and forget about it...
  6. J

As mentioned, hot water boiler
  7. J

Column of Water This is an old house with high ceilings, and it is about 50 feet or at least 45. So the pressure of water at 50 feet is a bit more than 21 psig. It is interesting because the boiler installer used a standard water PRV for boiler fill, set at 12 psig. When I bled the upper...
  8. J

I have a four story house with the hot water boiler in the basement. I figure it is about 50' from the boiler to the top radiator. It is a new boiler and I am afraid the contractor who installed it does not know too much about pressure settings. Now, someone that knows more than me please...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks