Search results

1. brew24

Water pressure for icemaker

I am planning on having a plumber run a water line to my refrigerator. The literature with the fridge states a minimum water pressure is necessary for the proper operation of the icemaker. I am on a well and where I want to tie in is downstream of a Royal Doulton ceramic water filter. I know...
  2. brew24

Water line to icemaker in fridge

I will be using flexible copper as it would be a pain to solder in my suspended ceiling. It will be about 25 feet. Is there any reason why I should not use 1/4 inch copper to just under the fridge and then stainless from there up through the floor to the connection point on the fridge.
  3. brew24

Sewage Pumps

I'm on my second one in 15 years. I know one was a Myers. I can't remember the other one. Brew
  4. brew24

Sewage Ejection Pump Problems

Yup been there done that. Banned those butt wipes from the house.
  5. brew24

The connection will be in the basement downstream of a ceramic filter which has a ball valve just upstreasm of it. I suppose I could put another one in but when the filter valve is closed I am only without the filter and my cold water to the laundry tub. I was thinking of placing one of these...
  6. brew24

Sewage Ejection Pump Problems

I have experienced what you are describing. It was my check valve. ACtually I think it also happened on my sump pump for weepers as well. Anyways the flap goes bad and the rubber seal can separate. It may still work but will usually allow some back flow which is probably what you are hearing...
  7. brew24

Sewage Pumps

What makes would you suggest. I have had a few in the last 15 years one being a Myers. I can't remember the make I have now but I know it has clogged a few times with hair and lint as it serves laundry, shower and toilet. Brew
  8. brew24

I will be installing a new 1/4" water line to a new fridge. It will be about 20 ft. It will be connected to 1/2" copper. Is a plastic line advisable or should I spring for the cost of copper? Are the clamp style connectors any good where tapping into copper? Brew
  9. brew24

Fleck 5600 Econominder

OK I just tried a manual regen but it was very difficult to determine when to stop and for how long. I wrote down what I saw on the dial. This is what I did. And what I saw. Rinse - did this for 10 mins Turned to Backwash - did this for 10 mins Then a large space - what should be happening...
  10. brew24

Fleck 5600 Econominder

There is no movement when looking through the window. The motor is quite warm. I guess it's toast.
  11. brew24

Fleck 5600 Econominder

It started to leak but very minor. Not sure exactly where from but I assume a seal or O ring. This has been going on for over a year. But now the timer has stopped working. Is it possible to do a regen manually without the timer working?
  12. brew24

Fleck 5600 Econominder

My 15 year old softener control valve just quit. I know I can order a new control valve from the US but does anyone know where I could get a Fleck 5600 control valve in Ontario Canada particularly in south west Ontario?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks