Search results

1. Mialynette2003

5600 Economizer valve problem

Behind the hour wheel (main gear) is a gear that connects to the meter wheel. Make sure all teeth are good. I have also seen the seals act like a rubber band and cause the unit to start another cycle. This would be back to back though.
  2. Mialynette2003

Ecowater 3500R20 - Brine water level slowly rising & drip from drain line

If it's leaking from the venturi housing, the o rings for the housing need to be replaced.
  3. Mialynette2003

Ecowater 3500R20 - Brine water level slowly rising & drip from drain line

Disconnect the brine line from the venture housing while the system is in a service mode. Check for a drip. If it drips, that is the cause of the brine tank filling and you will need a seal kit. The dripping to the drain also indicates seals are bad. Remove both disc. Check the end where the 2...
  4. Mialynette2003

Drain / Cleanout

A properly installed pee trap w/ stand pipe & air gap will be good. Design it so you can remove it in order to use the cleanout if needed.
  5. Mialynette2003

Kinetico 2060 water comes out of hydrogen peroxide line

There is a list of owners manual on water softener super store site.
  6. Mialynette2003

Comparing Kinetico and GE AdvantaPure softeners

One area you have not considered, repair cost. You will NOT find any repair techs to fix your Kinetico other than an authorized Kinetico dealer. They hold onto their parts so they are not available to all water treatment dealers. That means their repair part and labor charge are higher vs a...
  7. Mialynette2003

Looking for whole house water filter recommendations

We must know what you are trying to remove before recommending a system. Whole house filter could be for iron, chlorine or hardness.
  8. Mialynette2003

Decent budget digital hardness tester?

Have you looked into a Hach 5B hardness test kit? It is a whole lot better on the wallet than the digital tester.
  9. Mialynette2003

Help with selecting a water filtration/softener system for house

Clack is the better system IMO. I sold Fleck for years but found Clack to be more user friendly.
  10. Mialynette2003

Yellow water after softener installation

When you added the bleach, did you allow the unit to draw in the bleach then put it into a backwash cycle? You could try again with the 1/4 cup bleach to see if that will correct the problem. If not, replace the resin.
  11. Mialynette2003

Yellow water after softener installation

The resin is causing the color throw. IMO the cleaner is a waste on city water. Not sure the brand of softener you have but I would put it on backwash and unplug for an hour.
  12. Mialynette2003

Fleck Stainless Steel bypass water leak at thread connection

I always use Teflon tape & pipe dope. The amount of wraps is not that important because both pieces are metal. When using plastic, the # of wraps is more important because of the spreading of the plastic. Just use some Teflon & pipe dope and you will be ok.
  13. Mialynette2003

Water Softener distance from main shut-off

I would use PVC because it is less expensive but does require bigger holes for the garage.
  14. Mialynette2003

What UV system?

Uv does not kill. It only scrambles the DNA so bacteria can not reproduce. It depends on the intensity of the light so if the quartz sleeve gets dirty, the intensity is less making it possible for the bacteria to live. Chlorine on the other hand kills and you can measure the residual in the...
  15. Mialynette2003

Softener, Can you help identify this?

Not enough info. It will be hard to say whether it's a carbon, birm or pH neutralizer filter.
  16. Mialynette2003

Kinetico not advancing after cleaning

There is an exploded view of the parts for the K60 on watersoftenersuperstore
  17. Mialynette2003

Sulfer smell after changing resin

I would think that you want carbon after your air system. The air will oxidize the sulfur and the carbon will remove it. You may not want to mix the carbon & resin because the carbon will need to be replace way before the resin.
  18. Mialynette2003

Help purchasing Water softener system

I have dealt with tannins in central Fl very effectively and have had successful applications using an AIO style system for sulfur. The AIO system uses a Fleck valve. I use a Clack (IM AIR) valve instead along with catalyst carbon and have had great results.
  19. Mialynette2003

Water Softener, Very basic question

Believe it or not, that is a very hard question. We don't know what is in your water. It could be naturally soft so by us saying you need one, we will be doing you an unjust. Have your water tested, post the results, then ask your question again.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks