Search results

1. Mauri

avoid well system freeze-up

Finally I can report back. We had very mild weather last Saturday so I was able to install a spring loaded bleeder valve. Everything worked well .....as expected. When the pump stopped running I opened the small air valve that is tapped into the pump side of the check valve by the tank and the...
  2. Mauri

Thanks. Weather permitting I wll test a couple potential solutions and report back to this thread. This may take a while. Great forum!!!!
  3. Mauri

Since the bleeder is spring loaded 'open' is the spring not more likely to lose it's 'force' if it is pressured 'closed' (under stress) all the time when the system is in operation?
  4. Mauri

Therefore with a check valve at the pressure tank, the spring loaded bleeder would be open all the time, except when the pump is running. And with no check valve at the pressure tank, the spring loaded bleeder would be closed all the time, except when the vacuum is broken to drain the drop...
  5. Mauri

Thanks, I now have a link to a spring loaded bleeder. However, to increase my knowledge base..........I have a couple of questions. If I were to remove the check valve at the tank, would the pressure at the bleeder be about the same as the tank pressure gauge reading. Bleeder is about 9...
  6. Mauri

Ballvalve, I did cut off the little bump entirely on my rubber bleeder but it made not difference. As long as the pump was running the bleeder was spraying big time .....cleaning the rust etc. off the casing wall. Otherwise it worked fine......when the pump shut off it didn't leak at all and...
  7. Mauri

Valveman, thanks the info and suggestions, I'll try some out this coming weekend. My well has a lot of iron, will it affect a spring loaded bleeder?
  8. Mauri

This weekend I replaced the brass ball bleeder orifice with the rubber flapper orifice. When I opened the little air valve (tapped into the check valve) at the tank the drop line drained easily through the rubber orifice. However when the pump is running the water squirts out of the orifice with...
  9. Mauri

Thanks Ballvalve, the check valve at the tank has an air inlet....but if I decide to remove the check valve then a small saddle valve would be a good idea.
  10. Mauri

Thanks, Ballvalve, for that link. It certainly reads like my problem. As I understand it, in my set-up when then pump is turned off, there is still enough pressure in the drop line to keep the brass ball sealed against the bleeder orifice. The brass ball in my bleeder is only 3/8 in. not 3/4...
  11. Mauri

Thanks for your reply, Valveman, can you or anyone else elaborate a little more on how a spring loaded bleeder orifice works and also why my set-up isn't functioning the way I expected? Thanks
  12. Mauri

The original well system I installed at my cabin included pressure tank with bladder,check valve at tank with manual air valve tapped into pump side, pitless adaptor at 2 feet below gound on solid rock, submersible pump with no check valve. After winter weekend use I would drain the tank and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks