Search results

1. Chevy427

Kinetico Quad 51 questions

Actually, Keeping it as designed would be your best choice with a sediment pre-filter ahead of it. Otherwise, you would need to go to a disc #2.
  2. Chevy427

Seeking water softener advice in Phoenix

I noticed you have been asking for basically the same advice since Jan 2012. No luck Yet?
  3. Chevy427

Kinetico Quad 51 questions

Interesting, never thought to that. Are you keeping it on city water? What water test results do you have? Iron? Since this is an upflow unit, a pre-filter is required and must be maintained. There should no-to-very-little iron in the water. Yes, you could put resin in all tanks. Double the...
  4. Chevy427

new to wells....what order to put equipment?

Is your UV an NSF, Standard-55, Class A or Class B? What are the reasons for applying this technology? Has there been a test result requiring/suggesting it? Ideally. A sediment filter (20-30 micron) before the softener and a clarifying filter (5-micron) between the softener and UV. The UV...
  5. Chevy427

Kinetico water softener problems

So when you try regen it, it just sits there and won't go thru its cycle? If that is the case, the regen pawl is broken or out of alignment. Have you taken the valve apart at all?
  6. Chevy427

1 cu.ft twins or 2.0 cu.ft single

The 7/24 paradigm of twin-tank softeners is never the focal point of that technology and usually the meme of those selling single-tank systems as their primary product; it is just a very positive by-product. So saying that homeowners "never need run their water for 24 hours" and therefore a twin...
  7. Chevy427

1 cu.ft twins or 2.0 cu.ft single

I would agree with the twin choice. These give you endless treated water and most twins use softened water to regenerate, which greatly lengthens the service life. The prefilter can provide a very cheap and affective insurance to extending higher water quality. These must be set up and...
  8. Chevy427

"Whole house filter"

A properly sized filter and appropriate maintenance can prove to be beneficial to your water quality and longevity of your softener. It is amazing what a pre-filter can remove over time. It is a low cost protection to your more expensive equipment.
  9. Chevy427

Water Softener; Ridiculous question time

Putting another half cube would make it a 'packed bed' of nearly so. This would only be useful with a counter current regeneration system. In other words, where the salt brine would come up from the bottom rather than down from the top. There are some advantages to counter-current regeneration...
  10. Chevy427

Kinetico 2060 Water Softner

Sometimes the simplest solution is the easiest. Check to make sure the by-pass is not open. There is an easy way to determine if it is drawing brine. Has it been using salt? Check all toilets to make sure water is flowing slowly over the overflow tube. Adjust to about one inch below it. What...
  11. Chevy427

Over conservative salt efficiency and regeneration settings from old pros here!

To get those numbers, generally they are using fine-mesh resins with packed beds.
  12. Chevy427

Over conservative salt efficiency and regeneration settings from old pros here!

The Kinetico MACH 2040s OD is rated NSF at 5222 g/lb of salt.
  13. Chevy427

Kinetico Model 60 Issue with Softness

Make sure your toilets are not running or you have a drip anywhere. 0.1 gallons per minute is 244 gallons per day. Water may be passing by the metering turbine without counting the volume. Always check to see if water is moving. Check to see if you have 15" of freeboard on top of the resins. If...
  14. Chevy427

Brown water morning after regeneration cycle

If possible, flush all the resin into a large container and flush out the tanks. I would bet that you would see a lot of dirt and foreign matter in your resin. This can be separated and the resin used again. If there is a lot of dirt, install a prefilter capable of handling the water flow ahead...
  15. Chevy427

What size water softener should I get (twin,single, etc...) ?

sss, sorry, it looks like we lost you. Not unusual. Sorry. Sent you a PM. If you'd like, reply.
  16. Chevy427

I can send tech sheets. Post your email address.

I can send tech sheets. Post your email address.
  17. Chevy427

Kinetico Model 60 won't draw

In the base level, are there balls or pegs? The brine draw occurs about two minutes after regeneration initiates. Water pushes toward the brine tank during all other stages. It could be the control disc is worn. Have you checked the ridges?
  18. Chevy427

New RO, Reverse osmosis

In my observations, When the tank is empty and beginning to fill, I get about three drops of concentrate for every drop of permeate. As the tank fills, it increases to about 5 drops and then before the system shuts down, I see a steady stream of concentrate water. I pull the line to the tank and...
  19. Chevy427

New RO, Reverse osmosis

Air charged tanks require much more waste water. An air-charged tank when completely empty is very efficient wit a near 1:1 ratio of permeate water to waste water. But as the tank begins to fill, the air pressure against the product water increases and this pressure transfers back to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks