Search results

1. turnerAK

How does this Basic Washer Set-Up look?

Thanks Terry. I guess I'm not familiar with the term 'combo fitting' and I chose the sweeping Santee to provide enhanced air flow. I'll look into the 'combo'. Also, I read that the flexability of PEX eliminates water hammer. Is this counter to what you've experienced? I'll look into the device...
  2. turnerAK

How does this Basic Washer Set-Up look?

I'm getting my plumbing feet wet with a laundry room remodel. I have the pipes assembled in this picture but not glued yet. The left T is a 1 1/2" vent which ties into a 2" vent in the ceiling. The 3" down is the start of a stack that will have a master bath added to it from upstairs. I had...
  3. turnerAK

P-trap Alternatives?

The representative from TrapGuard claims that it replaces the p-trap entirely. He says the product is air-tight and warrantied. He mentioned that there is nothing wrong with using it on a shower drain despite the drain being used daily for showers. Also their literature claims it can operate...
  4. turnerAK

P-trap Alternatives?

Thank you to everyone for the great advice. I will ensure that the drain gets connected correctly and meets code prior to closing it up. I realize now that my "water-gasket device similar to a toilet" was a poor choice of words, thank you Swart for pointing that ambiguity out! After a bit...
  5. turnerAK

P-trap Alternatives?

I am remodeling a basement bathroom. The location for my new shower drain is directly above a main line to the septic. There isn't room for a p-trap right at the shower so my contractor ran the line directly into another pipe about 3 feet away. He says that he couldn't get a trap to fit in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks