Search results

1. DeeJay

Pump won't pump to pressure

The plumber is downstairs right now. He brought the new 1/2 pump mounted to the new 19 gallon bladder tank and hooked it up this morning. Apart from a couple of minor leaks (he just is changing the plastic fittings to metal) the darn pressure won't go above 15 lb (preset to 20-40). Lots of well...
  2. DeeJay

Water Quality: Sulfur removal

This spring, after a winter of much lower than normal cottage use, the hot water had a first-time hydrogen sulfide smell, noticeable, but not overpowering. Lots of advice given by fellow cottagers, including getting a water softener. The simplest quick fix (that actually worked) was to drain...
  3. DeeJay

New member's questions. pressure tank sizing

After a recent leak when a hose came off the pressure tank and flooded my first floor at the cottage, we're about to begin the renos- new floor and some t&g pine replacement on a wall. Because my pump is in a cupboard just inside the entrance door, the reno requires removing the cupboard and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks