Search results

1. HomeRepairGuy

Toto Drake difference between fast & full flush?

Have a Toto Drake CST743 toilet which I believe is a 1.6 GPF toilet. I previously replaced the flapper with a Korky flapper. That flapper developed a slow leak (after about a year of use) so I just replaced it with a Toto THU500S flapper. The THU500S is an adjustable flapper so I want to...
  2. HomeRepairGuy

How does one verify there's no wax ring leak after install?

After installing a toilet and before caulking the base to the floor, what's the proper way to verify that there's no wax ring leak? The toilet is a Toto water saver type. I forget the toilet model but maybe a drake. If pouring water quickly into the bowl from a bucket (say 3 gallons of...
  3. HomeRepairGuy

Level toilet on concrete floor

I need to reset our Toto toilet on a concrete floor that is out of level. The floor has the stick on vinyl tiles now so the toilet will sit on the vinyl tiles. The base of the toilet is about 9-3/4" wide and the floor is out of level about 3/16" or 1/4" in that span. My plan is: Install the...
  4. HomeRepairGuy

Flushing procedure for Toto Drake

Installed a Toto Drake toilet yesterday because of the good reviews for it on this web site. This is the first 1.6 gal/flush toilet in our home. Pressing the flush handle normally results in a quick flush using only part of the water in the tank while holding the handle down longer results...
  5. HomeRepairGuy

Preventing rust at holes in metal tubs

Decided to buy a metal bathtub with porcelain coating (American Standard Americast tub). While doing research on tub drains, I saw a post saying that the drain hole in steel tubs sometimes rust badly enough to require replacement of the tub. Has anyone thought of a way to seal the metal at...
  6. HomeRepairGuy

Is American Standard "Americast" tub good?

The Lowes website shows an American Standard bathtub made out of "Americast". The description says "Durable Americast® material with glossy porcelain finish". Is a 60" x 32" x "17.5" tub and sells for $576 Is "Americast" a good tub material that can withstand scrubbing when it gets dirty? Is...
  7. HomeRepairGuy

How does sealing of basin drains really work?

Examining basin drains, I see: 1. Chrome ring that seats on basin drain hole. 2. 1-1/2" pipe with holes near the top that threads into the chrome ring. 3. Large cone shaped rubber gasket thing. 4. Large washer under cone gasket. 5. Large nut to press cone gasket. WHAT I UNDERSTAND: 6. Water...
  8. HomeRepairGuy

Glacier Bay vanity top basin drain

Bought a 49" x 22" Glacier Bay cultured marble vanity top with integral basin from Home Depot. Have not installed it yet. When I test fit the drain pipe, the pipe is not vertical because of how the top fitting seats on the basin. The seat for the chrome ring is a little higher at the back...
  9. HomeRepairGuy

Any ideas to fix rust spot on bathtub?

The tub in our second bathroom is developing a rust area right below the overflow cover (with stopper lever). Since we only take showers in that tub I would like to remove the overflow cover and lever and just cover that area with something that is leak proof and looks halfway decent. Doesn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks