Search results

1. jasonbaur

When and how to test thermal expansion tank?

Oops Should I erase the video? I just liked how the video went over how to test for a bad tank.
  2. jasonbaur

When and how to test thermal expansion tank?

I watched this video concerning expansion tanks a few days ago, I thought it was very informative. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RCPrzjcIz4&feature=related
  3. jasonbaur

Water Heater Connectors Leaking

I just want to say I appreciate everyone's advice information and suggestions. If anything it was my own doing not able to explain the situation correctly, but I am glad this happened its been fun and quite educational for me. I was able to speak with Wilkins and they relayed me to a reseller...
  4. jasonbaur

Update, no more leaking supply lines but I still have the pressure increase problem. I purchased the expansion tank and before I could install it I had to turn off the heater/pilot and drain all the hot water out of the tank so that I could sync the house pressure with the expansion tank...
  5. jasonbaur

AO Smith GPCR 50-100 water heater not working

I don't know anything about the heater issues but if you do buy a new heater at the HD make sure to get yourself a 10% movers coupon that should at least even out the tax and if your military you get another 10% off that can stack. Best of luck fixing it and I'm sure someone on here soon will...
  6. jasonbaur

Bummer, guess they don't want newbie customers walking in like me asking a million questions :p. On a different note I was doing some research on water heaters and came across this video. Its rather scary what's lurking in homes just a few feet away when this is possible. Not to mention a fun...
  7. jasonbaur

Router installed...what it this message

Yea I use mac filtering myself but ya if someone really wants in that wont stop them.
  8. jasonbaur

Glad you found it and removed it , wasn't something you needed no worry's usually toolbars within your webrowser from ad company's like AOL etc. Yea hardwired or direct connection always safer and typically much faster connection cant be beat.
  9. jasonbaur

I went ahead and purchased the expansion tank online 2 gallon one as recommended, I made sure not to purchase the brand shown in the video for obvious reasons. I went to a plumbing supply store today but I wasn't able to get in, not open to the public is that common in this trade? Anyway I found...
  10. jasonbaur

Alrighty, well I will purchase one tonight online any recommendations brands etc would be helpful. Here is the video I saw well 2 videos actually same guy showing these videos of the tanks gone bad if anyone cares to check it out link below.
  11. jasonbaur

Hey, if this keeps popping up C;\program files\d-link toolbar\dlinkTbserver.exe , then it means its already been installed on the system you can remove it go to the control panel/add remove programs , and uninstall the toolbar so it doesn't keep bugging you. I also would recommend changing the...
  12. jasonbaur

Great info thanks, so yea I need the expansion tank as you all said but I have some questions. Firstly I lowered my PSI to 45 and lowered the thermostat on the heater to 100 degrees and its still climbing to around 100 psi within 30-40 minutes is that normal? Despite the fact I don't have the...
  13. jasonbaur

Ah ok I see, yea I am from california. Well I guess for now I will lower my PSI to 50 tomorrow untill I can get a expansion tank to be on the safe side. Thanks for everyones suggestions and info, I will keep you posted. Tomorrow I am going to a plumbing store hopefully they have some nice...
  14. jasonbaur

Hey, oh ok well I wasnt sure I have been looking up these acrynoms as you guys use them, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_relief_valve "A pressure relief valve is a safety device that relieves overpressure in a vessel or piping. " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_regulator "A pressure...
  15. jasonbaur

Ah, thank you for explaining that in depth now I think I understand I went and touched the copper and sure enough the cold water line was warm to the touch and after I released some hot water from the pressure relief valve (T/P valve? I don't know these acronyms yet), immediately after the...
  16. jasonbaur

Ah, hmm well I am not sure if this matters but I had tested the pressure from a valve after the pressure regulator, so I would think no matter how much pressure is pushing through (130psi from the street) the regulator would handle it, its rated to (300psi) on the label. I think its from 1989...
  17. jasonbaur

Gotcha, ok well I will purchase new lines tomorrow (different brand) and try again. Sigh I have another problem I think, my wife was cleaning out the trash cans under the sink in the bathroom and she noticed water and well sure enough now that's leaking. To make a long story short I think I...
  18. jasonbaur

Thanks for the tip I did try this maybe I just purchased a bad brand (watts) with some cheap copper or something. :(
  19. jasonbaur

When you say braided you mean like this (picture below) I purhcased this kit and tried to use them but they would kink also when doing the bends I need.
  20. jasonbaur

I do want to replace those supply lines but for the life of me when I tried bending the new supply lines the copper kinked horribly and closed the passage way. I bought this exact pipe link below. I tried bending it ever so gently and even used objects that were circuluar to help assist but with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks