Search results

1. RenoChris

Question for Terry re: his infamous Graphic

If it's hidden and untouched, than yeah. If you've gutted the first floor, and adding a second, won't you have to connect into the stack and vent in the first floor? That's the part I'd replace.
  2. RenoChris

Question for Terry re: his infamous Graphic

Yes, you can run in the floor joist, if it runs that way, or create a bulk-head (soffit) to run them in as well... Also, if you're gutting the first floor, I'd get rid of the cast iron and replace it all. You've gone that far... don't leave that old stuff in there. It's a pain to tie into the...
  3. RenoChris

Max trap arm length for a shower drain (2")

Assuming the vent is between the shower and the tub drain, then the tub isn't vented. And a lav always has to be vented in the wall behind the sink, it can't go vertical unless it is vented there. Actually, the tub and shower can't drain vertically either, unless it is vented at that turn...
  4. RenoChris

Correct - if they are individually vented, they're not wet vents. My second portion there was (hopefully) how I think some places actually use a wet vent to do all three fixtures with one 2" vent. I don't know if it's code in Canada, I've never done it. But, the lav would drain into the shower...
  5. RenoChris

Well, do you mean, is 2" big enough? Yes. But, if they're indivdually vented, you'll have 3 vents that would tie in together 42" above the floor into a 2" vent. Or, do you mean, can you wet vent all three with one 2" vent? Here's how I understand it... Basically, vent the toilet 2"...
  6. RenoChris

Thanks guys. I do remember reading about that. I didn't find that table in the code... I guess they updated it... But I did find this: (a) the developed length of a fixture drain measured from the trap weir is (i) not less than twice the pipe size of the fixture drain , and (ii) not...
  7. RenoChris

I've been reading that the max length of a shower trap arm is 60" before the vent. I'm assuming this is a standard 2" drain and trap. If so, I was under the impression that a 2" trap could be 8 feet before vent (2" drop). I checked the provincial codes (Canada) and there's nothing specific...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks