Search results

1. ImpliedConsent

Need help from Afghanistan

OK, that gets me a bit closer to a solution. She still has the door closed - but the "hose" idea is great! I was a bit to late on the Toto-Drake. I would have jumped on it earlier, but we have an 8.5hrs difference. She awake when I'm asleep/she's asleep when I'm awake. Our internet is a bit...
  2. ImpliedConsent

OK ... well. Now not sure what to do. Maybe our plumbers have something. Thx anyway.
  3. ImpliedConsent

Need some quick advice: I'm serving in Afghanistan - wife's back in Georgia. We had (<---past tense) a 2004'ish AS Champion. 8yr old daughter "somehow" busted the tank (I got pix, but it will take 23.2hrs to upload). She's going to a big box store, but I don't have time to do research. The...
  4. ImpliedConsent

Navien Tankless Water Heater Comments and questions

Update from over the pond. We're well into our 2nd year of NR-210A ownership. I did an annual flush of the system before I deployed (NOV '11). My wife asked me about the servicing recently and said that she wanted to learn in case ... well ... you know. Since I clearly marked incoming/hot...
  5. ImpliedConsent

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

I put even pressure on the tank, alternating front and back. During that, I also alternated tightening left and right, continuing even pressure on the tank. This eliminates the front rib only contact. Just do not tighten the screwhead from inside the tank, use a socket wrench on the nut from...
  6. ImpliedConsent

OK, this is what they installed on the 2 long runs. This one is in the kids bathroom. Apparently there is a thermal valve in there somewhere, which, when it gets to a certain temp, it opens/closes. Any clue?
  7. ImpliedConsent

Yea, I'm gonna have to take a picture of what they installed. It's not exactly what I found on the Watts site. I do know that it works. When I wake up in the morning to shave, that hot water is there immediately and it's the furthest run from the WH. I usually had to wait. I know that I do NOT...
  8. ImpliedConsent

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Installed the new flush valve today. Went in as expected, no issues. The flushing system sounds better (no more "broken clunk" feel). I'll be able to put it to the test after my 2 cups of coffee tomorrow morning. :D BTW, that tank seats just right on the toilet. It's not fully seated until...
  9. ImpliedConsent

OK, finally figured this out. Since I do not have a dedicated recirculation line (most homes don't), they installed a Instant Hot Water Recirculating System Sensor Valve Kit. That hot water inlet (Navien fluff pic) is for the dedicated recirculation line. Since the Navien has a built-in...
  10. ImpliedConsent

PVC venting for tankless water heater

See the Navien Tankless thread ... I just had one installed last Friday. http://www.navienamerica.com/product/ts_heater_02.aspx?skin=ts_heater
  11. ImpliedConsent

Err... now that I look at Navien's fluff marketing, I'm concerned that my install wasn't actually complete. Can y'all tell me how I should resolve this? The quote was for external circulation.
  12. ImpliedConsent

Thought I'd share install pictures :D The new tankless is in nearly the same spot as the tank.
  13. ImpliedConsent

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Confirmed. My Champion was installed early 2005 (4260). A.S. is sending out the refit kit gratis.
  14. ImpliedConsent

One more thing (before I become a pain in the @$$): just found out that I also qualify for my states Energy rebate program, which is another 199.00. Total savings: 889.00
  15. ImpliedConsent

OMG: 13yr old who thinks water is unlimited resource for her showers is an understatement. She is effectively training my 7yrs old daughter those same habits. I would say that my wife is the master of giving me cold showers, but I think she lurks here. I'm in the military, so taking a hot...
  16. ImpliedConsent

Well, I certainly didn't think that I'd get a response from "the man", but there it is. Believe me, I'm envious of seeing HWH's in the garage, but mine is in our basement's 1/2 crawl space. It's convenient on one hand, I never see it; however in times like this, it's a burden. I've had 3...
  17. ImpliedConsent

Hola... like others, google search brings up this thread near the top, so kinda resurrecting. Abraham can probably tell you more about code (I live in the Atlanta area too), but I went with Navien NR-210A because of the costs and research. 1) house was built in 1993, fist owner. It still...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks