Search results

1. Ddagsyn

Need help hooking a Delta faucet with PEX to a brass fitted shut off valve.

hi I have a delta kitchen faucet that went bad and Delta sent me a brand new faucet. The new faucet has a built in supply tube which is PEX. Is it ok to connect a PEX fitting to a brass shut off valve? Thanks
  2. Ddagsyn

Drip during heavy rain shower

hi I have a two storey house in houston texas. This friday we got about 3 inches of rain at around noon. I was in my master on the second floor for the good part of the rain. When i went to my first floor family room I noticed water on my couch. I looked up to see a water stain from my...
  3. Ddagsyn

AC Fan birdcage screw stripped

I removed the fan (birdcage) on top of my carrier AC to hose down the evaporator coil as i had a lot of debris due to the hurriance and noticed that two of the screws to secure the birdcage to the unit would not tighten. It seems that the hole is stripped. What can i do to fix this? Please...
  4. Ddagsyn

Generator Transfer Switch

I live in Texas and lost power due to the hurriance. I purchased a generator and would like to know whether i need to have a permit to install a generator transfer switch. Thanks
  5. Ddagsyn

Lowes Dishwasher installation

hi I purchased a brand new dishwasher at Lowes and had them install it on last Friday. On Sunday, curious as i am decided to remove the face plate at the bottom to check for any leaks etc. No leaks but was surprised to find that the dishwasher was run on the braided stainless supply line...
  6. Ddagsyn

Dishwasher leak

I walked into my kitchen yesterday only to find the dishwasher leaking water thru the door. It seemed to be towards the end of the cycle. I shut it off immediately and opened the dishwasher only to find water still filling up. Luckily i was able to contain it and suck up the water with a wet...
  7. Ddagsyn

Dishwasher connection hose

hi I need to have my dishwasher replaced and have started shop for one. My shutoff valve is a 3/8 " OD flare. how difficult is it to find a dishwasher stainless steel hose to fit a flare. Is it something easy to find at lowes or home depot or do i have to get it at a plumbing store. Any...
  8. Ddagsyn

Shut off water with gas water heater

I have a two storey with the gas water heater in the attic. When I go on vacation I would like to shut the water at the main but not turn off the gas water heater. Will this cause any issues? The heater will be full of water as i don't plan on draining any water. It is a bradford and i...
  9. Ddagsyn

Question on stop valve

hi I am in the process of replacing my stop valves my toilets and have the following questions. Since the copper pipe has Male 1/2 " threads i plan on replacing with the following stop valve from brasscraft KTR17 C1 which is available at home depot. However the box labels mentions "For IRON...
  10. Ddagsyn

GU10 type bulb dimmer

Can the GU10 type light bulb be used with a dimmer Thanks
  11. Ddagsyn

Toilet leak between tank and bowl

hi I removed my Toto Toiltet tank to paint my bathroom. I put the tank back on today and noticed a leak (very very slight leak) between the bowl and tank. I replaced all the gaskets, the tank to bowl, the gasket below the flapper and also the tank bolts including the washers. I used a...
  12. Ddagsyn

30 inch flare Faucet supply tube

I am trying to find a 30 inches -3/8" FLARE to a 1/2 FIP Faucet stainless steel braided supply tube to go from my shutoff valve to my Kitchen faucet. I have tried HD but all they sell is the 12 inch size. Could someone post a website that sells this size. Thanks
  13. Ddagsyn

Stop valves in the home

Should stop valves in the home for the toilet and faucets around the house be opened fully? Besides a slower water flow what are the advantages and disadvantages of opening them only partially? What do plumber recommend? For example if a toilet supply valve opened fully completely...
  14. Ddagsyn

New Kitchen sink installation questions

hi I am planning on getting new kitchen countertops installed and my kitchen sink replaced. The hot and cold faucets in the sink do have Stop values located under the sink. There is a copper pipe that connects the faucets to each of the hot and cold Stop values. It looks like I have flare...
  15. Ddagsyn

remove mineral deposits

What is the best way to remove mineral deposits from a single valve delta shower faucet so i can get the handle out and then unscrew the cartridge Thanks
  16. Ddagsyn

Brasscraft valves under sinks

hi I just bought a 7 yr old home and noticed that my master and guest bathroom have brasscraft valves for the hot and cold water under the sinks However i cannot turn the handle on none of the valves to switch the hot or cold water off either faucet in the sink. Any idea how these...
  17. Ddagsyn

Replacing Delta single level shower lever

hi I am in the process of replacing my 1400 Delta series single level shower cartridge (RP19804) . I have to remove the bonnet nut (RP22734) in order to remove the old cartridge and according to Delta it simply needs to be unscrewed. However I cannot unscrew it. I tried to use a wrench but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks