Search results

1. Joe97

Rear Discharge Toilet - A/S or Gerber

Which one of the these rear discharge toilets am I best off purchasing - A/S Yorkville, A/S Yorkville Pressure Assisted, Gerber Maxwell or Gerber Ultraflush all at 1.6 gpf? (I've read the threads but am stuck given there is no direct comparison among these models.) Many thanks, Joe
  2. Joe97

Kohler K-3554 - No water from rim holes?

I removed the tank and inserted coat hanger wire many times far into both holes in the neck of the bowl. I also went around the rim again inserting stiff wire. While the flow from the rim jets is better it’s still a far cry from what it once was and nowhere near that of my brother's Kohler...
  3. Joe97

The amount of water coming out of the rim remains a trickle. I'm going to pick-up some flexible wire which I hope will go further into the rim. Thanks for the suggestion regarding the float but this toilet doesn't have one.
  4. Joe97

I used a coat hanger on the rim holes closest to the tank. I could only get the hanger wire in about three inches because of its stiffness and this did not result in more water coming from the rim jets. Is there anything else I can try before taking the tank off the base? (The toilet is around...
  5. Joe97

Update 4/9/19- Absolutely stuck! I've tried so much to get more then a nominal flow from the rim jets and increase the water surface area of my ten year old Kohler pressure assisted rear discharge toilet. I cleaned the rim holes, removed the tank and back probed towards the rim, replaced the...
  6. Joe97

Best choices for waxless seals for rear discharge toilets?

What are currently the best choices for waxless seals when reinstalling an existing American Standard rear discharge toilet? Similarly, what are the best choices for a new installation. (I've followed the threads here but the advice is several years old.) Many thanks, Joe
  7. Joe97

Symmons Temptrol, Does shower cartridge/diverter need to be replaced?

Thanks hj. The building is taking the position that a four degree differential between the shower/tub hot water and the bathroom sink hot water means that the cartridge/diverter is causing crossover between the hot and cold water lines. Does this seem right? Thanks again, Joe
  8. Joe97

Here is the a picture of the valve. There are no brand markings and the valve is original to the building, i.e. 1973. The cartridge was last replaced The cartridge was last replaced in 1994. (The building is requiring more then half the units on the line to replace their...
  9. Joe97

I live in a high rise and have been told by the building that because of a four degree hot water temperature differential between my bath and my bathroom sink the cartridge/diverter must be replaced. The building has had problems providing hot water to the bathrooms. Would a four degree hot...
  10. Joe97

A wet wall - too often wet from leaks in highrise apartments above me.

Periodically, a seal fails on one of the rear discharge toilets in one of the many apartments above me in my line. This causes water to damage the sheet rock on the backside (the face towards the waste stack) which leads to damage on the face side necessitating replacement. In the past I've used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks