Search results

1. jcarerra

New Delta shower flow diverter doesn't

"If the "slide" is flat to the valve body when it is pushed in, it will divert the water, therefore, it was NOT making contact with the diverter seat, for some reason, possibly because it was one of those with a "top and bottom" side. " I previously said that the plastic piece that actually...
  2. jcarerra

My point is that if they build a replacement part that flat doesn't work--how is it they can keep selling it? With so many returns, stores carrying it would soon drop it out of inventory
  3. jcarerra

I would hold the pin in with one finger while raising the flow control "ball" to the ON position, at which point the pin stayed in on its own. Thanks for the info on "only one size" diverter existing. That means the Danco one was badly wrong; wonder how it even remained on the market...
  4. jcarerra

To close this out, it is solved. The new diverter I bought--the Danco one that Lowes sold me, was too long by about 1/4 to 3/8". It installed fine physically, but obviously the diverter 'flap' piece was not positioned correctly--so it did not work. Installing a Delta branded part ($15 extra...
  5. jcarerra

You are giving me my morning dose of humor. "In that case it NEVER worked" Well, then, I don't know what that stuff was coming out the shower head for all those 30 years while I showered. And no, I never pulled the pin to shut it off; I simply shut off the water and the pin popped...
  6. jcarerra

Never had to do that in 30 years with the original one...but I will go try that. Stand by... Nope. Didn't work that way either. There is a slight change in the sound when it is pushed in, but the water continues out the spout, and it does not 'lock' itself in.
  7. jcarerra

Just replaced the flow diverter in my shower. It is single handle flow control with pin stem diverter beneath that. The new one--Danco 80971--looked exactly like the removed one, except on removed one, the nylon diverter 'flap' had come off the device. I pulled it out with needle nose...
  8. jcarerra

User review on CST454CEFG 2 piece TOTO Drake II, Gwenyth, Owner comments and pictures

OK, I got 2 of the CST454CEFG 2 piece TOTO Drake II's with CEFIONTECT. Pretty much love it based on 1 day's worth of use. But I have a question: the cleaning instructions that came with it say to use "neutral" detergents--non acid, non alkaline. Can someone give me some brand examples of what...
  9. jcarerra

User review on CST454CEFG 2 piece TOTO Drake II, Gwenyth, Owner comments and pictures

I am in an evaluation/decision mode between bone Drake CST744S? 1.6, non-CEFIONTECT, std ht, and a bone Drake II CST454CEFG 1.28, 'universal' ht, w/CEFIONTECT. I really wanted the CEFIONTECT and "kind of" wanted the higher height, but Drake II is $499--$137 more, and I need two (+274 delta). And...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks